CONTEXT OF THE POSITION:
Rural Women’s Development Society (RWDS) is a Palestinian non-governmental organization working in the occupied West Bank and Gaza Strip. Founded in 1987 , registered with the PA.
RWDS’s mission aims at advancing the rights of rural women by creating empowering and supporting environment for them in their local communities through women’s clubs. RWDS supported the establishment of more than 58 women’s clubs throughout the West Bank and Gaza, reaching out to more than 3000 community members.
OBJECTIVE OF THE MANDATE:
RWDS is currently looking for a project manager to manage and coordinate the implementation of the project “ Promotion of inclusive agricultural growth to ensure improved living standards and resilience of vulnerable communities in Area C of the West Bank” . This 32 months project aims to to contribute to resilient and inclusive agricultural growth that improves the living standards of women and men farmers in Area C of the West Bank.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and coordinate project activities, including administrative and financial aspects, while ensuring strategic planning and systematic coordination of RWDS project activities in the frame of the overall project.
- Manage day-to-day project implementation and overall coordination of project outcomes
- Ensure supervision of the project staff and ensure effective communication and coordination between the field team, RWDS management team, and Oxfam.
- Support consultants and other staff members project objectives, mobilization of goods and services needed for the project.
- Maintain effective, professional and regular communication with all stakeholders, including project staff and beneficiaries, and ensure the representation of RWDS partners.
- Comply with RWDS management guidance and policies.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ensure timely preparation and compilation of the project work plans and narrative and financial reports to be submitted to Oxfam
- Update the monitoring and evaluation tools, including the systematic gathering of quantitative and qualitative data from the field and the analysis of its content, putting forward an effective results-based management approach.
- Prepare monthly reports on key project activities, issues and required action points, along with progress reports following the schedule as planned in the agreement.
- Update on risks and issues based on the results of the monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Manage the transfer of project deliverables, when applicable, including documents, files, equipment and materials, as per the standard procedure.
- Ensure the establishment and maintenance of a proper electronic and paper filing systems.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- BA in social and development studies, Agricultural Economics, Business Administration, Agronomy, or other relevant fields.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in projects/programs management in the area of women’s cooperative work , economic empowerment, community development, or other relevant topics
- Managerial experience in the field of Agricultural value chains, development and cooperation with civil society, international organizations, community-based organizations and donors
- Experience in managing EU projects.
- Fluency in English and Arabic are essential (written and spoken).
- Experience in using Microsoft software packages, particularly Word and Excel.
If you are interested to apply for this position, please send your CV, along with 3 references, and a cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications for this position, by email to [email protected], no later than July 4th, 2019.
Please indicate the position title (Project Manager ) in the email subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. This is an equal opportunity position, and qualified women and youth and strongly encouraged to apply.