LOCATION: Ramallah, the West Bank
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: 2 years
SUPERVISOR: Operations Manager
USAID’s Palestinian Energy Project (PEP) aims to advance the Palestinian energy sector to support affordable and sustainable energy independence in the West Bank. The project focuses to improve the Palestinian Authority’s efforts to modernize and diversify the Palestinian electricity sector. The project focuses on improving access to and reliability of electrical services and strategically incorporating renewable energy, which will increase the Palestinian Authority’s control of its electrical supply and improve affordability over time.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive project vehicles daily as assigned and/or pre-approved by the supervisor, schedules field trips, project-related transportation within Ramallah, and other driving assignments as required.
- Clean assigned vehicles both inside and out.
- Check assigned vehicles weekly to ensure that they are operational and safe to drive, including oil, radiator, fan belt, brake fluid, wipers, tires, lights and signals, and monitor the expiration of the license and insurance to coordinate for renewal.
- Initiate and supervise any repairs required on assigned vehicles with supervisor’s approval.
- Ensure passenger safety by obeying traffic laws, driving carefully and ensuring that emergency first aid kits are purchased and kept in the vehicles.
- Maintain up-to-date vehicle log.
- Maintain a vehicle fuel usage log and oversee fuel purchases.
- Assist with program inventory audits.
- Inspect program assets and report on the condition to the Operations Manager.
- Conduct petty cash purchases as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned by Operations Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS:
- Minimum three years of experience working with international development organizations
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Very good knowledge of routes and locations inside West Bank, Jerusalem and Tel Aviv as well as other Israeli areas.
- Jerusalem ID holder with a valid driver’s license, and good knowledge of routes inside West Bank areas, Jerusalem, Tel-Aviv and other Israeli areas.
Qualified applicants should submit a resume to
no later than March 15, 2018.
Please indicate the name of the position in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.