General objective of the job
The purpose of the position to manage and oversee the implementation of the ECHO project and achieving the objectives of the project funded from European Commission Humanitarian Aid & Civil Protection (ECHO) under the Education in Emergency (EIE) sector. Through this funding, War Child Holland is implementing a 24 month project targeting 41 schools, 33 communities and 8 CBOs across the West Bank- Area C in Yatta, Bethlehem, Nablus, Jenin, Tubas, Ramallah and Dura. The project “Safe Access to inclusive and dignified education in Areas B and C- West Bank” will be implemented in partnership with World Vision JWG. The overall objective of the project is to contribute to improved resilience of boys and girls affected by conflict and insecurity by enabling education to provide life-sustaining and life-saving physical, psychosocial and cognitive support. The project will focus on 2 main outputs which are children in targeted areas (Areas B & C) have improved access to quality education, psychosocial support (PSS and Child Protection (CP) services at school and community level; and Children are protected against hazards and conflict in a safe and protected learning environment.
- Program Management and Implementation
- Represent the project in different coordination and reflection meetings with the project lead organization World Vision, and project implementing partners.
- Responsible for the overall coordination and implementation of the emergency projects, including risk assessment and management, and leads the coordination between partners on a day-to-day basis.
- Identify and prioritize programmatic needs and ensure that the project/s addresses those needs.
- Responsible for budget management to ensure financial accountability and accurate financial reporting by partners and to donors.
- Ensures compliance with donor and War Child rules and regulations in all areas including financial management, record keeping, and procurement, in coordination with the Operations Department.
- Ensures appropriate programme quality standards are used in the design and implementation of the project/s.
- Liaise with the M&E Specialist to facilitate systematic program monitoring and evaluation are in place and ensure that lessons learnt are documented and shared for learning. Provides feedback to the HoP and partners to determine programmatic changes in response to results of monitoring and evaluation.
- In collaboration with the HoP, collects information and prepares briefs and written material to be shared with HQ on program participants, programs, and humanitarian situations in the country for communication materials.
- Collects and consolidates narrative reports.
- Conducts site visits to monitor progress and provide capacity support partners as needed.
- Undertakes other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Head of Programs or Country Director.
- Ensure child protection, and conflict sensitivity are integrated into all our emergency response planning, learning, and proposal development.
- Provide trainings to partner organizations to improve their capacity in responding to any situations. Also conduct capacity assessments and develop plans to improve partner’s capacities.
- To assure proper implementation of the project exit strategy.
- Any other assignments requested by the line manager.
- Staff Management
- Manages, supports, coaches and builds competency of staff.
- Conducts performance appraisals of direct staff as per the War Child Performance & Development system.
- Identifies needs and designs capacity-building programme for partners and project staff particularly around adherence to safeguarding policies.
- Provides ongoing technical guidance, training and support to partner organizations and staff members as relevant.
- Identifies needs and designs capacity-building programme for partners and project staff particularly around adherence to child safeguarding policies. Where appropriate enlist external expertise.
- Networking / coordination/representation/strategic influencing
- Represents the emergency projects in donor meetings and coordination platforms, giving adequate feedback to projects partners.
- Proactively develops, coordinates and maintains productive relationships with project stakeholders, in coordination with the Head of Programs.
- Ensures proactive coordination in the field to ensure complementarity and avoid duplication and fragmentation.
- Identifies strategic programme opportunities, approaches and modalities for strengthening the PSS, Protection and education programming, in close collaboration with the partners and the Head of Programs.
- Contribute to the development of new education proposals.
- Identifies and follows up on strategic influencing opportunities, whether directly related to the target areas of the project or to linking various local, national and international influencing trajectories.
- Ensures the visibility of the project and activities with relevant national and international audiences.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Knowledge and Experience
- Relevant academic degree in education or social sciences or a related field is required.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant employment experience in consortium project management, including project planning, implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively coordinating with multiple partners and stakeholders, including government agencies and donors.
- Experience in managing projects focused on protection, psychosocial support or education is preferred.
- Strong technical experience in the area of Education and Psychosocial support preferred.
- Demonstrated strong track record of successful programme management.
- Experience providing technical assistance to project staff, and national and government partners on psychosocial support, emergency responses, participation, education and child protection.
- Demonstrated experience in collecting, integrating, and disseminating learnings
- Previous experience with community-based programming preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in leading/managing a team.
- Good understanding of the Palestinian context.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong communication skills.
- Fluency in Arabic and English.
- Strong spoken and written English skills, including demonstrated reporting ability.
- Demonstrated people management skills.
- Demonstrated financial management skills.
- Cultural sensitivity.
- Attention to detail with strong follow up.
- Team oriented, with ability to work efficiently independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - word processing, spread sheets, etc.
To apply please send your one-page letter of motivation and CV to [email protected] by Oct 9th, 2022, citing Project Coordinator in the subject line.