In line with the corporate strategy towards bolstering economic development, the Palestine for Development Foundation (PsDF); Palestine Investment Fund (PIF) social Investment Subsidiary, has concluded the Green Energy & Sustainability Granting Facility (Project Funded by EU and PIF), geared towards supporting Small and Medium Enterprises in Jerusalem in respect of the implementation of Sustainable Energy Solutions. In this context, the PsDF is seeking a qualified Project Coordinator to support program implementation, particularly in assessing financing requests (Matching Grants) related to green energy received from beneficiaries. The project coordinator will be based in Ramallah in the company’s headquarters with ongoing field-visits required to Jerusalem and its surroundings.
- Conduct research and technical due diligence required to evaluate proposed solutions in requests submitted by beneficiary(ies) in terms of viability; Proposals evaluated may range from Installation of Solar PV Systems, replacement of and upgrade of existing equipment to more eco-friendly and energy efficient systems, installation of Solar driven heating systems on rooftops, and so forth.
- Conduct site assessments to beneficiaries as needed.
- Formulate preliminary/pre-feasibility designs of engineering solutions as relevant to received proposals such as validation of Solar PV system designs using required software (if applicable), conduct Auto-CAD drawings, validate and estimate required Capital expenditure, all with a view of establishing feasibility of the project(s).
- Utilize preliminary analysis above to liaise with colleagues internally and substantiate financial feasibility of proposed solutions, ensuring return on investment is viable for the beneficiary of the grant.
- Maintain regular contact with beneficiary(ies) and assist in paperwork as and if needed.
- Prepare and deliver presentation(s) to facility/program manager and/or the steering committee of the program.
- Follow through in coordination with beneficiary(ies) to project completion, including oversight and follow up over procurement, execution, and handover.
- Coordinate and support the execution of events, hackathons, and networking events under the supervision of the facility manager.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum of B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited University.
- Two years proven experience in the renewable and solar energy sector.
- Proven experience and knowledge in Solar system layout and PVsyst design.
- Strong understanding of energy efficiency systems project execution and analysis is a plus.
- Sound understanding of local electricity regulations, processes, and terminology such as tariff, net metering, interconnection works, and so forth.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including reporting skills both in English and Arabic, especially pertaining to technical reports.
- Proven familiarity with PVsyst Design and AutoCad as a minimum, with Etabs and/or SAP 2000 a plus.
- Flexibility, mobility, and ability to work under pressure.
All applicants must have Jerusalem ID card and valid driving license. Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters to [email protected] by no later than 03/02/2022.
*The contract signed with the successful candidate will be a fixed term-contract with possibility of extension based on approvals of the two parties.
PSDF: is committed to gender balance in its staff. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.