Life and Hope Association (LHA) is a non-governmental, non-profit and independent society founded in Gaza in 1996. LHA aims at contributing to the development and empowerment of its beneficiaries toward a sustainable society based on the real and active participatory for the beneficiaries especially the youth and children.
LHA in partnership with (GIZ) implementing a project entitled “Promoting of social accountability in local governance- Local Governance Reform Program (LGRP) ” that aims to constructive relations between citizens and state and enhance the current relations between LGUs and their citizens in planning processes through the improvement of quality of participation, and launching campaign advocate social accountability.
Within this project, LHA is recruiting (As soon as possible) candidates for the following position:
Position Title: Project Coordinator – Full time
# of Positions Available: 1
Place: LHA Office, Jabalia
Reports to: Project Coordinator (PC).
Period: 6 Months
- Coordinate with neighborhoods committees and local youth councils to implement locally viable, effective, meaningful, and sustainable social accountability strategies and activities.
- leading role in designing, and managing the project’s social accountability efforts in the targeted municipalities.
- Promote positive citizen perception of local governments’ accountability.
- Responsible for providing technical leadership for design, implementation, and coordination of social accountability activities
- Provide training, coaching, and technical assistance to local youth councils and neighborhoods committees related to accountability, advocacy, community participation, and civic oversight.
- Monitor all aspects of the project including implementation and expenditures.
- Coordinate all project activities, including procurements, community mobilization, and beneficiary selection.
- Communicate with municipalities to implement the activities.
- Conduct field visits with stack holders to encourage them to participate in municipality evaluation.
- Apply social accountability tools with municipalities in northern governorate examples: Multi stakeholders dialogue, public hearing, the oversight committee, social audit tool, dissection meeting, and monitoring committee.
- Prepare monthly reports and final reports.
- Document all activities of the project and maintain an efficient project filing system including all related documents.
- Perform any other tasks required.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualification and Experience:
- A Bachelor degree from an accredited university in Engineering, Business Administration, Development or related field.
- At least 2 years of experience preferably applying activities and tools focusing on social accountability, community and civil society participation, preferably focusing on local government.
- Knowledge of donor regulations and compliance.
- Good writing and communication skills in both English and Arabic.
- Good computer literacy.
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work with all levels and functions within the association.
- A resident of North Gaza governorate.
Interested candidates with relevant education and work experience are encouraged to send their CV and a cover letter that directly to [email protected]
Indicating Position Title in the subject line. “Project Coordinator”
Cover Letter (ca. 200 words)
Deadline for submitting applications 28/11/2021, no later than 2 p.m.
Any incomplete submission will not be considered
LHA is an equal rights employer, we encourage qualified women.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.