Life and Hope Association (LHA) is a non-governmental, non-profit and independent society founded in Gaza in 1996. LHA aims at contributing to the development and empowerment of its beneficiaries toward a sustainable society and based on the real and active participation of beneficiaries specially the youth, children and vulnerable groups.
As part of its emergency response endeavor, LHA in partnership with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) will implement a project that aims to assist households to complete their own shelter repair for those who have partial and severe damages. The project aims to reduce displacement and allow vulnerable families to live in safe and adequate housing, including adaptation work of shelters deemed necessary to meet the needs of PWD.
LHA and CRS are in process of obtaining fund to start a project soon, the project will target 150 housing units that incurred partial and severe damages during the recent escalation in the North Gaza governorate.
Within this project LHA is recruiting (Based on availability of funding) candidates for the following position:
Position Title: Project Coordinator (PC) – Full time
Place: LHA Office, Jabalia
Reports to: Program Officer (PO).
Period: 6 Months
- Effective supervision of project staff in the association.
- Supervise project implementation and work acceptance and approval.
- Maintain overall overview of project in relation to achievements, procedures and timeframes.
- Ensure that all project activities are in accordance with budget lines and tracking the financial expenses.
- Maintain adequate administration and filing systems including all project related documents.
- Conduct need assessments, prepare BoQs, provide direct technical support for site engineers & project’s participants.
- Plan and conduct regular field visits to ensure proper implementation of project activities on ground.
- Document project success stories.
- Ensure safety procedures are in place in all project activities.
- Prepare regular briefings and reports to direct supervisor, and keeps accurate data of all project information.
- Take part in regular team, program and staff meetings.
- Ensure full cooperation/coordination with CRS and local community.
- Perform any other tasks and duties as necessary throughout the life of the project.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Civil/ Architectural engineering or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in a similar position.
- Work experience in rehabilitation of housing unit’s projects.
- Work experience in supervising of repairing and rehabilitation projects.
- Knowledge of donor regulations and compliance.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good writing and communication skills in both English and Arabic.
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel).
- Understanding of protection in humanitarian context.
- A resident of North Gaza governorate.
Qualified candidates should send the following documents to the following email:
- Cover letter.
- The most recent CV including 2 professional contacts as references.
- Kindly state in the email subject “Project Coordinator”.
- Any incomplete submission will not be considered
- Deadline for submitting applications is 04:00 PM, June 24, 2021.
- LHA is an equal rights employer, we encourage qualified women.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.