Job Number: 02/PROGRAMS/RWDS/WB/2019
Location: Ramallah with travels in WB
Reporting to: TBD
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Duration: 05/2019 to 31/12/2019 Start Date: ASAP
enhanced capacities of young females and males, practices and policies
ABOUT RWDS* (Rural Women’s Development Society)
RWDS is a Palestinian non‐governmental organization working in the occupied West Bank and Gaza
Strip registered with the Palestinian Authority under RA‐287‐C. RWDS advances the rights of rural
women by creating an empowering and supportive environment for them in their local communities
through women clubs, highlighting their invaluable contributions to Palestinian society, and designing
innovative projects in 3 program areas: Economic Empowerment, Political and Social Participation,
and Violence Prevention. To achieve this; RWDS has a clear vision and mission;
Vision: is equality between women and men, boys and girls in Palestinian rural areas in accordance
with the Palestinian Declaration of Independence and international conventions and standards.
Mission: To create a women’s movement in Palestinian rural areas that is capable of claiming and
developing women’s social, economic and political rights.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
RWDS is implementing the project: Promoting Gender Equality in the Occupied Palestinian Territories
through enhanced capacities of young females and males, practices and policies, funded by Kvinna till
Kvinna. The overall goal of this project is to promote for gender equality in Palestine through resilient
support communities and authorities, mechanisms and documentation. RWDS uses a holistic
approach in realizing this result by focusing on GBV as a social issue that involves all community
members and not for women only as predicted. This project is implementing in four governorates
within the Palestinian Occupied Territories namely, Jenin (north of the West Bank), Ramallah
(middle of the WB), Bethlehem and Hebron (south of the WB).
The project was started on 01‐April‐2019 and will be closed on 31‐December‐2019. The main direct
beneficiaries are; 20 females and males and 10 Women cooperative and charitable societies, while
the main three components of the project are;
- Building the capacities of 20 females and males from various marginalized rural areas in the West
Bank in gender equality, advocacy and policy dialogue, media presentation and campaigning,
self‐confidence and leadership.
- Using Training of Trainees “ToT” to transfer the training and knowledge to 10 targeted women
cooperatives and charitable societies. 10 out of the 20 trained females and males will be selected
to deliver three‐day on‐site training with receiving compensations.
- Organize three lobbying and advocacy workshops with decision makers, NGO representatives, by
the trainees to discuss gender inequalities, advocate for gender equality & influence policy change.
RWDS is seeking a qualified, creative, goal‐oriented and responsible PC to manage and organize all
activities of the project in close coordination and working with MEAL Manager, Projects Manager and
relevant supporting team at RWDS mainly procurement, finance, HR and administration.
PC is responsible to implement the working plan of project and delivering project activities on time
and in high quality, this is including the selection process and working with beneficiaries and
cooperative, males and females. PC will perform various coordinating tasks, along with administrative
duties including project documentation. PC should be equipped with excellent time management and
communication skills, and can work under pressure and with limited supervision. The duties of the
PC are to ensure that project is completed on time and meet high quality standards.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (per percentage)
Project Quality Implementation (60% of time)
- Overall manage and control the project implementation with representing RWDS in the field.
- Develop selections criteria for the direct beneficiaries, then review and draft all required lists of
beneficiaries; conduct field visits to draft final recommendations before submitting the final lists.
- Draft beneficiaries’ Agreements and follow up implementing compliance project with reference
to the agreements, with maintaining ongoing orientation and supporting then prepare substantial
completion certificates, and ensure beneficiaries have achieved all required milestones.
- Develop draft terms of reference (TOR) for consultants or service providers and support in
preparing tender documents, evaluating relevant qualitative reports and offers, financial reviews
and coaching and recommends appropriate contractors.
- Work closely with key staff members at RWDS to ensure that all procurement and finance
procedures are followed based on RWDS and donor policies and minimum requirements,
moreover, to ensure that financial reports and payments are ready to be paid.
- Organize and coordinate for implementing all project events including meetings, workshops,
training sessions and others, and support monitoring reviews and learning events.
- Gather, organize and summarize information needed for RWDS, and provide the RWDS and donor
teams with up‐to‐date overviews of progress on implementation.
- Provide support and contribute to improving the quality implementation and impact of RWDS
relevant interventions by contributing to the strategy development of interventions.
- Assure proper conductance of trainings including preparation, documentation & reporting.
- Undertake team briefings and inception activities to ensure proper understanding of project.
- Ensure community voice (women, men, youth, old people and disabled) is actively sought, heard,
responded to and analyzed for use for improved performance by RWDS.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (20% of time)
- Assist MEAL Manager at RWDS in collecting high quality data and gathering information about
the progress of project inputs, outputs, outcomes and indicators, using project MEAL tools to
improve the work process and to ensure efficiency of work.
- Train and coach beneficiaries on accountability and support them in understand the mechanisms.
- Train and provide technical assistance and capacity building for beneficiaries in line with support
implementing MEAL plan and reporting processes.
- Identify and map for success stories, videos, photos and case studies, and works with beneficiaries
and communities to identify lessons learned and documents and shares them with RWDS staff.
- Asset MEAL Manager at RWDS in all MEAL aspects in field level and in prompted way.
Project Reporting (15% of time)
- Support in undertaking Programming and Quality Control reporting interaction with other
concerned parties to assure production schedules and deliveries are met.
- Produce clear and quality reports that demonstrate accountability and learning at the field level.
- Support production of internal and donor reports, including internal database management.
- Provide inputs and support to development of new proposals and submit required reports such
as progress, monthly, mid‐term and completion reports.
- Report and alert to RWDS management on a regular basis on any anticipated project issues, risks
and any emerging opportunities and threats to the project implementation, related to this role.
- Facilitate and participate in any external or internal project audits, evaluations and needs
assessments, generating verbal and written translations of project documentation, ensure gender
issues, and support closing the project.
Others (5% of time)
- Any other responsibility assigned by the line manager or RWDS Management.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE
- Bachelor degree in administration, management, gender, social sciences or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in project administration, community work or relevant field.
- Strong knowledge of quality implementation, with focus on women and cooperative working in
West Bank. Experience in Gender and with women cooperative would be an asset.
- Concreted experience in preparing, designing and implementing capacity building activities.
- Thorough familiarity with principles and overall MEAL approaches using both quantitative and
qualitative methods and demonstrated MEAL field experience.
- Skilled in collecting data linked with inputs, outputs and outcomes.
- Strong knowledge of computer skills including at least; computer literacy in outlook, MS Word,
MS PowerPoint, MS Excel and Internet.
- Proper understanding of project cycle management in thermotical and practical manner.
- Firm understanding of procurement, finance and compliance procedures and best practices.
- Experienced in working with technical and support teams to enable program development.
- Strong interpersonal skills and working with team and individually with high leadership skills and
management sense and ability to work under pressure and achieving multiple tasks with limited
support from the line manager.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem‐solving skills, strong coordination and time
- Highly organized and can work systematically with ability to work with diverse people with
confidentiality and creatively in sensitive communities.
- Very good in English and Arabic; communication and writing.
- Ability to travel throughout West Bank. Valid driving license would be an asset.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to:
[email protected], no later than: Tuesday, 21‐May‐2019. Please indicate the position in the subject.
While we thank all applicants for their interest; only short‐listed candidates will be contacted. RWDS
provides equal employment opportunities to candidates regardless of their gender, race, religion,
age, disability or marital status. Qualified females are highly encouraged to apply.