“GGateway for Outsourcing Information Technology” is a social enterprise in Gaza. GGateway offers customized and competitive business outsourcing services to clients worldwide. At the same time, GGateway enables young graduates especially ICT to access professional opportunities in a learning environment, and enhances the labor sector in Gaza by providing qualified labor and business opportunities. GGateway services such as but not limited to Data Management, Digitization services, Process Improvement, Training Material Development, Software Testing and Application Development. GGateway also runs a vibrant and innovative freelancing platform (GHub), a co-working space equipped with the IT infrastructure fostering collaboration and knowledge transfer to create professional ICT communities.
GGateway is running a project to provide review services (English- Arabic) to correct any issues in the Arabic text arising from an automated translation workload. GGateway is in need to employ project associates for short term (1.5 month) that is extendable based on the contract extension.
- The project associate will be responsible for correcting the machine translation resulted from the client system. The actual scope of the daily workload is to correct any issues in the Arabic text arising from the automated translation. This includes the full review of the following items:
- Structure (syntax).
- Context and coherence (Sematic)
- Literal/wrong Translation (Vocabulary),
- Formatting the text according to the original document
- Observing and reporting any technical issues in the Review System
- Minimum production of review (English - Arabic) for 5 pages per hour (500 word per page).
Reporting and Supervision:
- The Project Associate’s (PA) reports to the Quality Assurance Team leader and work closely with the production team.
- All HR matters are the responsibility of the GGateway HR department. All learning and capacity building matters are the responsibility of the GGateway Capacity Building department in coordination with the business operation department.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- English Language qualifications:
- Either Passing result of IELTS 6.5 or TOFEL with minimum 90 with any specialization university degree.
- OR Recent English Literature bachelor degree from accredited university.
- English and Arabic typing, accurate at a speed of 30 words per minute.
- The ability to review at least 5 pages per hour (English – Arabic), (500 word per page).
- Good experience in Using MS office, especially word.
- Applicants must not be currently employed in fulltime, paid work.
All staff of the Enterprise are expected to work with a high level of professional standards and commitment; modeling teamwork, open-mindedness and commitment, in favor of its beneficiaries and to demonstrate dedication to the education and success of Gaza’s graduates. To succeed, the PA must have the following competencies:
- Seeks and acquires new competencies, work methods, ideas, and information that will improve own efficiency and effectiveness on the job.
- High and consistent attention to service and quality.
- Looks for better ways to perform routine aspects of job, focuses on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them in order to get the job done.
- Diligently attends to details and pursues discipline and quality in accomplishing tasks.
- Strong communication skills; ability to convey ideas and facts orally and in writing using understandable language.
- Excellent time management skills; ability to prioritize based on criticality.
- Ability to work both independently or in a team as required.
- Creative and flexible when approaching work challenges.
- Have a professional, accountable and responsible work ethics
Interested applicants should apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة , Deadline of receiving applications is Thursday April 18th 2019.
GGateway will recruit in rounds, first applications will be reviewed first.
Application submission requirements :( IMPORTANT)
To be considered, each application must:
- Complete the full online form.
- Upload the university degree.
- Upload recent CV in English.
- Upload IELTS or TOFEL certificate if available.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be reached out for position exam and interview.
For any questions please contact us at: [email protected]