CONTEXT OF THE POSITION:
Rural Women’s Development Society (RWDS) is a Palestinian non-governmental organization working in the occupied West Bank and Gaza Strip. Founded in 1987 as the women’s group in the Palestinian Agricultural Relief Committee (PARC), RWDS is now independently registered with the PA.
RWDS’s mission aims at advancing the rights of rural women by creating empowering and supporting environment for them in their local communities through women’s clubs. RWDS supported the establishment of more than 60 women’s clubs throughout the West Bank and Gaza, reaching out to more than 3000 community members.
OBJECTIVE OF THE MANDATE:
RWDS is currently looking for a Program Officer to Support the implementation of the project “Equitable Agricultural Production and Market Systems for Resilient Economic Development”, funded by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA) in partnership with Oxfam,. This project aims to contribute to resilient and equitable agricultural growth benefiting small-scale women and men producers in the oPt.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow up the project activities, including administrative and financial aspects, while ensuring strategic planning and systematic coordination of RWDS project activities in the frame of the overall project.
- Follow up day-to-day project implementation and overall follow up of project outcomes
- Maintain effective, professional and regular communication with all stakeholders, including project staff and beneficiaries, and ensure the representation of RWDS vis-à-vis partners.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ensure timely preparation and compilation of the project work plans and narrative and financial reports to be submitted to Oxfam
- Update the monitoring and evaluation tools, including the systematic gathering of quantitative and qualitative data from the field and the analysis of its content, putting forward an effective results-based management approach.
- Prepare monthly reports on key project activities, issues and required action points, along with progress reports following the schedule as planned in the agreement.
- Update on risks and issues based on the results of the monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Manage the transfer of project deliverables, when applicable, including documents, files, equipment and materials, as per the standard Oxfam procedure.
- Ensure the establishment and maintenance of a proper electronic and paper filing systems.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- B.A degree in relevant discipline; social and development studies, gender, human rights, international law, international relations, social work, public administration, or other related fields.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in projects/programs following up and monitoring in the area of women’s rights, economic empowerment, community development, or other relevant topics
- Managerial experience in the field of development and cooperation with civil society, international organizations, community-based organizations and donors
- Knowledge of the issues in the Palestinian context
- Very good communication skills in English and Arabic are essential (written and spoken).
- Experience in using Microsoft software packages, particularly Word and Excel.
- Two years experience in Business plan preparation.
If you are interested to apply for this position, please send your CV, along with 3 references, and a cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications for this position, by email to [email protected], no later than May 6th , 2019.
Please indicate the position title (Program Officer position) in the email subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. This is an equal opportunity position, and qualified women and youth and strongly encouraged to apply.