Médecins du Monde (MDM) France is an International Medical Organization, which has been present in the Palestinian Territories since 1995. It operates in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank through offices located in Jerusalem, Gaza and Nablus.
MDM is currently looking for qualified candidates to fill the position of:
Procurement officer , Gaza Base (1 Position)
Purpose: Assist the project in obtaining necessary goods, services and works.
- Assisting the Logistics Manager in overall planning and managing of the procurement of Goods Works and Consultancy Services required under the project.
- Assisting in procurement-opening and evaluation meetings, preparation of statement for procurements-evaluations, preparing contracts, etc. for procurement of Consultancy Services, Goods and works.
- Review Terms of Reference and ensures that all necessary information regarding scope of work, objectives, qualification of key personnel, reporting requirements, deliverables and timeframe is mentioned appropriately.
- Receive tasks for procurement of consulting services Works & Goods from the Logistics Manager and perform accordingly.
- Prepare/review Tenders and advertise them on national publications.
- Assist in preparation of short-listing for qualified suppliers.
- Prepare and issue Requests to shortlisted/approved suppliers.
- Receive technical and financial proposals, and draft the evaluation to assist the evaluation committee members when and if required.
- Invite the best qualified suppliers for negotiation
- Assist the project team in preparing and getting quotations.
- Prepares contract Document for Work, Goods and hired consultants.
- Maintain accurate records of purchases and pricing.
- Create and maintain inventory of all incoming and current supplies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in, business, economics, or other related field.
- Knowledge of Government procurement law
- Minimum 4 years relevant experience as procurement officer with NGOs/ INGOs.
- Good knowledge of the context and routes in Palestine.
- Arabic language and good English level are mandatory in reporting, writing and verbal communications.
- Ability to cope with difficult security context.
- Good coordination and communication skills are a key factor to this position.
- Excellence in organizing, planning and prioritizing tasks.
- Ability to identify strengths and weaknesses and in proposing shared solutions for the continuous improvement of providing quality services.
- Strong commitment to learning new skills and willingness to be accompanied toward the achievement of new competencies.
- Ability to work with a team as well as to work independently.
- Clear commitment to the project thematic.
- Proficiency in Word and with high advance and professional knowledge of Excel.
Qualified applicants are invited to send their resume or CV and a one-page cover letter in English, by Email to: [email protected]
Please reference the job title as MDM/PROC/PROJ/GZA/2018 in the subject line of your Email.
Dead line for receiving the application is Wednesday May 30h, 2018
MDM recruits qualified individuals without distinction ethnic background or Gender.
Please note that MDM will contact only pre-selected candidates and by email, the position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
We thank all candidates for their interest in a position with MDM.