War Child is an independent and impartial international non-governmental child rights organization investing in a peaceful future for children and young people affected by armed conflict. With a focus on child protection, mental health and psychosocial support, we strive to empower children and young people, while enabling adults to bring about positive and lasting change in the lives of conflict affected children and young people. War Child has been working in the oPt since 2004, and has offices in Jerusalem, Hebron, the Jordan Valley, and in Gaza.
War Child seeks a motivated Procurement and Logistics Officer to join its team.
General Objective of the Job
The Procurement and Logistics Officer is responsible for implementing the Logistics Policy including procurement, stock and storage, fleet, equipment, documentation management, staff and partners training and capacity building, the country office security functions, office, and logistics in the country office. This role ensures that activities are in line with global War Child standards, local law, and donors guidelines, regulations, and instructions of departments at Amsterdam Office. The Procurement and Logistics Officer is part of the Operations Department which supports the Program department and the Country Director in implementing the Annual plan, projects, procurement, etc. The Procurement and Logistics Officer should contribute to the development and improvement of the organization plans, reports, and guides capacity building on technical areas for project staff and local partner organizations.
The PLO is located at the country office in Jerusalem with regular travel to the different field locations and occasional international travel.
Position in the organization
The Procurement and Logistics Officer (PLO) reports to the Operations and Finance Manager
Direct Reports: N/A Currently
Essential functional relations: Operations and Finance Manager, Head of Programs, Accountant, Project Coordinators and implementation team, and in-country, regional, and global advisors. And, supervises the ICT consultant and cleaner, and provides guidance to the Field Officers as required.
Procurement & stock management
- Strengthen and maintain a rigorous, accountable and transparent procurement system in strict compliance with WC’s Logistics Policy, local law and donor requirements and regulations.
- Directly responsible for procurement and management of supplies, service and supplier contracts, vehicles, assets, stock, and ICTs.
- Undertake regular market studies
- Set up and regularly maintain a database of local suppliers, including track records of past performance and framework agreements
- Develop and update procurement plans with Project Coordinators, update trackers to inform the CO staff about the process.
- Enforce a zero-tolerance policy regarding corruption and ensure adherence to WC Code of Conduct, Child Safeguarding and Ethical Procurement Guidelines
- Ensure asset management according to WCH policy
Logistics and ICT
- Maintain the office suppliers, structure, and logistics needs for the Jerusalem and field offices.
- Coordinates the cleaning and ICT needs of the Jerusalem and field offices
- Coordinate staff travel and, with the Operations and Finance manager, manage work permits, visa and insurance issues.
- Ensure logistical aspects of security management are maintained.
- Manage car rental and transport contracts and ensure WC rental vehicles are serviced, equipped and maintained according to SMP.
- Ensure proper recording on fleet management (e.g. log books) according to WCH/donor policy.
- Analyze and monitor vehicle usage and rental to maximize efficiency and ensure timely program implementation.
- Support staff to ensure adherence to transport and relevant safety standards in compliance with WC’s Country Security Management Plan.
Information & reporting
- Prepare regular, timely and accurate logistics reports and document flows as needed.
- Contribute to or write relevant sections of internal and external reporting, including the 4/8/12M, as well as Annual and Strategic Plan documents.
- Participate in relevant internal and external country, regional and global working and information sharing groups.
- Ensure WC and donor compliance rules and requirements are adhered to across PLO domains of responsibility.
- Build competencies of staff and partners in the country and field offices in areas of responsibility, including procurement policy and procedures
- Conduct briefing and orientation for incoming staff or visitors on all areas of responsibility
- Proactively and regularly update the Programs team and Country Management Team
- Act as security focal point, ensuring appropriate coordination with authorities if needed and reporting of all security incidents according to WC policy.
- Attend security coordination meetings and update Country Director, Operations and Finance Manager, and Amsterdam Office on current security issues.
- Ensure oPt team accesses real-time security alerts (i.e. manage RedCrow and UNDSS subscriptions).
- Regularly update the Country Security Management Plan (SMP) and SOPs for validation by the Country Director and endorsement by Amsterdam Office.
- Ensure preparedness (contingency kits, first aid kits etc.) for evacuation and contingency plans in CO, and support each field office likewise.
- Carry out security assessments of new WC facilities and programs.
- Ensure and maintain appropriate security awareness among staff.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Knowledge and Experience
- At least Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in a logistics related field
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant working experience in logistics, procurement and/or security management, preferably with an (I)NGO
- Demonstrated knowledge on logistics, procurement and security
- Strong computer skills, Microsoft office, especially Excel and word
- Ability to work (including driving) in the West Bank and East Jerusalem
- Flexibility and hands-on mentality
- Social and communication skills
- Planning and organising skills
- Decision making skills
- Advanced reporting and writing skills
- Ability to identify needs/gaps and work towards solutions
- Excellent management skills, teamwork and flexibility
- Advanced oral and written skills in English and Arabic, Hebrew an advantage
“Commitment to the vision and goals of War Child Holland in oPt, including adherence to the Child Safeguarding Policy, is essential”
المسمى الوظيفي Procurement and Logistics Officer
آخر موعد للتقديم 07 - Feb - 2021
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 4 Years
التصنيف العمليات والدعم اللوجستي
To apply please send your one page letter of motivation and CV to [email protected] by February 7th 2021, citing “Procurement and Logistics Officer” in the subject line.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة War Child Holland منظمة أطفال الحرب الهولندية
WPS Consortium Coordinator
Women Peace and Security Consortium Coordinator
22, Nov, 2020
18, Nov, 2020
Psychosocial Support Technical Officer - South
20, Oct, 2020
Psychosocial Support Technical Officer - North
20, Oct, 2020
Accountant and Operations Assistant
4, Apr, 2020
30, Jan, 2020