Shaping a stronger Oxfam for people living in poverty
Oxfam in OPT
Policy and Influencing Officer
12 months Fixed term
Deadline for Application 12th March 2023
Oxfam in OPT is looking for a Policy and Influencing officer that will be a member of the OPT Gender Justice team, supporting Oxfam’s global and national influencing work related to OPT. This includes leading on and providing technical support to the influencing work within the Gender Justice Programme.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Looking for the following experiences :
- A University degree in political science, journalism, law, human rights, or development, advanced degree is an advantage;
- 5-7 years proven work experience in policy, advocacy, or campaign work at local, national and international levels;
- Proven ability to conduct high level research and development of Policy and Campaigns materials;
- Excellent communication and copy-editing skills (writing and speaking) in English and Arabic;
- Proven ability to communicate and adapt complex policy and development issues to different levels of target audience ;
- Experience with digital communications tools and social media channels; including producing high quality storytelling content,
- Proven ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced and diverse environment; to troubleshoot and follow projects through to completion, consistently on schedule, without loss of attention to detail and budget;
- Strong interpersonal and coordination skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Understanding of gender issues and commitment to promoting gender justice and mainstreaming gender in lobby, advocacy and media work;
- Excellent networking and negotiation skills to develop good working relationships within Oxfam and with relevant stakeholders;
- Ability to think and operate strategically and creatively;
- Results-oriented and strong analytical skills;
- Knowledge of local, regional and international mass media;
- Anticipates outcomes of activities and uses initiative to keep these activities on course;
- Actively promotes high standards and continuous improvement and synergy where possible;
- Proven experience of using MS Office applications (Word, Excel and Power Point) (essential).
Interested to learn further about the role , read full job profile and how your skills may fit the profile we are looking for?
Are you interested in applying for the position? Please check out the link below :
External Applicants : https://bit.ly/3SG9HDW
Internal Applicants : https://bit.ly/3IE2boj
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please click here
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us
Oxfam is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those that are suitable to work within our values are recruited to work for us.