For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organization committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organization do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 40 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment. MdM strategy in Palestine focuses on 3 topics: Mental Health & Psychosocial Support (MHPSS), Sexual & Reproductive Health (SRH) and Emergency Preparedness (EPP).
MdM is currently looking for qualified candidate to fill the position of Partner Liaison Officer based in Nablus.
Number of vacancies: 1
Starting Date: this position is being advertised in preparation for a possible new grant due to start in April 2019.
Position based in Nablus
Duration: 1 year (with possibility to be extended)
Status, Employee Contract: Fixed-term contract
To support the implementation and follow-up of MDM Mental Health project with MDM local partner which aim to strengthen the local partner capacity on MHPSS Preparedness, Response and resilience of the most vulnerable community members in the WB and East Jerusalem.
More precisely, you will work on:
- Coordinate with MDM local partner/s the implementation of the MHPSS emergency responses and resilience activities based on MDM project and the Partnership agreement with the local partner
- Ensure the proper implementation of the MHPSS program activities implemented by local partner.
- To ensure that local partner is completing the requirement of the program and the partnership agreement in cooperation with the MHPM, the admin manager and the MEAL officer
- To Support processes of assessment(s), preparation and follow-up of MHPSS activities with the local partner.
- To ensure a smooth process of referral and referral back of cases to different basic and protection services.
- Ensure the cooperation and participation of local partner in the relevant MHPSS forums, clusters and meetings
- To Support the processes of monitoring and reporting of MHPSS activities including data collection, analysis and reporting by local.
- To support in the identification and preparation of logistics and administrative needs related to the MHPSS project implemented by local partner.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Degree in Public Health, Management or any related field with considerable experience in implementation and Follow-up of Mental Health programs.
- Project Management Diploma
- At least 2 years of work experience in Emergency project management in the field for NGOs
- At least 3 years of work experience with NGOs.
- Good networking and public relation skills.
- Good supervision & reporting skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Good command of English and Arabic languages (both written and spoken).
- Computer skills (word, excel, PowerPoint, statistics software…)
Qualified applicants are invited to send their resume or CV and a one-page cover letter in English, by e-mail to [email protected]
Please reference the job title as MDM/PartnerLiaison/2019 in the subject line of your e-mail.
Dead line for receiving the application is Sunday the 24th of Feb 2019
MDM recruit qualified individuals without distinction ethnic background or Gender.
Please note that MDM will contact only pre-selected candidates and by email, the position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
We thank all candidates for their interest in a position with MDM