“Project for Technical Assistance in Solid Waste Management in Palestine Phase-III (CDSWMP-III)” is the technical cooperation project organized by Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) for supporting capacity development of Ministry of Local Government (MoLG) and relevant authority in solid waste management policies, standards, guidelines and plans which will be applied across Joint Service Councils (JSCs) in the West Bank and all over Palestine.
In the Project, JSCs are targeted for capacity strengthening program to equalize the level of SWM services by JSCs in Palestine. It consists of trainings and supporting activities on the ground such as improvements on waste collection and transportation, accounting and financing, public awareness, etc.
Objectives & Scope of Work:
See annex “Job Description”
Level of Effort & Contract duration
The level of effort required under this assignment is 5 working days per week, 7 hours per day, over time and holiday work may be required. The expected duration of the assignment is one year renewable according to the business needs and applied Palestinian Labor Law.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
The candidate must meet the following qualifications as minimum:
- Completed secondary, technical and/or vocational school education
- Valid driving license B and C1
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience as a driver working with international /national NGO;s with safe driving records
- Good knowledge of the rules and regulations involved in the safe and efficient operation of vehicles,
- Good knowledge of basic vehicle maintenance procedures,
- Good knowledge of the city, local roads and conditions where the office is located,
- Good Communication skills, ability to work as part of a team and under pressure,
- Service oriented, courtesy and high sense of responsibility
- Excellent knowledge (written and spoken) of English and Arabic.
- Ministry of local government –Ramallah
Interested candidates are invited to send CV including three references (in English, maximum 3 pages) with cover letter (in English) to [email protected]
No later than 6th august 2020 no later than 12:00 pm. Only shortlisted persons will be informed to proceed for interview. Please indicate the job title that candidates are applying for in the email subject. Applications that do not indicate the job title will not be considered