العمل في مشروع مشترك بين اتحاد لجان العمل الصحي و منظمة أطباء بلا حدود-بلجيكا
Overview of UHWC
UHWC is NGO leading Palestinian knowledge-based community healthcare organazation established in 1985, contributing to community empowerment in healthcare and promoting the comprehensive concept in the Gaza Strip. Its members are gathering a healthy vision for our slogan, "Health Service is a right to whoever needs it". UHWC is achieving community health empowerment and promoting the comprehensive healthcare concept through capacity development; primary; and tertiary healthcare; culture and health, and community health communication and advocacy programs.
Title: OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST
Position in the Organization
Reports to (Hierarchical): Physiotherapy Supervisor
Reports to (Functional): Physiotherapy Supervisor
Job Family: Medical
- Following medical prescription, plan and carry out individual treatment programmes, by assessing patients’ functional status, in order to maintain, improve or rehabilitate the physical well-being of the patient and prevent physical handicaps.
- Provide occupational therapy treatment to patient suffering from burns and trauma, especially on upper limbs, or having undergone surgery, in order to help them to recover the best possible function.
- Provide occupational therapy treatment to patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Create all type of thermoplastic splints and any adaptation to autonomize patients in the daily life activities. The occupational therapist supports the patient when returning home, reducing environmental challenges.
- Educate patients and caretakers on the importance of rehabilitation and promote autonomy/independence. Give advices on environmental challenges.
- Participate to the patient’s inclusion in the society by caring and training him to recover his best function and autonomy, including psycho-social aspects.
- Respect established (patient, services and stock) management procedures. Fills charts and statistics registers adequately.
- Participate in multidisciplinary discussions.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Ensure patient evaluation process for OT activity / service, while respecting AAH-MSFB procedures
- Provide patient care (upper limb rehabilitation, splints production, home-adaptations advices, and chronic pain management. The OT will be involved with pediatric and adult patients. )
- Provide information and training to medical staff
- Ensure a smooth multidisciplinary coordination
- In collaboration with the MLO and the PT supervisor, refer patients externally, when needed, and ensure smooth discharge process
- Accomplish administrative tasks under supervision of the Head of Department
- Maintain good relationship with staff members
- Ensure quality of care and continuous improvement of technical skills and knowledge
- Ensure efficient management of resources
- Respect hygiene protocols and ensure patients security
- Respect professional and MSF ethics
- This job profile might evolve depending on the evolution of the project (tasks, place of work, working hours and schedule).
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Essential, Official Occupational Therapist Degree and Practicing License
Essential, Theoretical and practical knowledge and skills in traumatology, orthopedics, neurology after a trauma event
Desirable, Experience in hospital settings is an asset
Essential, Familiar with adapting and / manufacturing a wide range of assistive products to improve positioning / immobilization during and after reconstructive surgery process
Desirable, Experience in simulating environmental needs of patients and proposing remote distance solutions to ensure accessibility and functional independence for patients
Fluent in written and spoken English
Abilities to work within a team
Capacities to analyze and assess
Abilities to properly communicate with patients, families/caretakers and medical staff
Motivated, dynamic; able and willing to take initiatives
Time and work management abilities as well as autonomy
Willing to learn and develop professionally
Open and interested in disability issues
Apply in English only through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
Dead line : 19th ,November 2020 6:00 PM