“GGateway for Outsourcing Information Technology” is a social enterprise registered as a Private Limited Entity (Pltd.) in Gaza in January 2016 after 2 years as a pilot project within UNRWA (United Nations Relief and Works Agency).
GGateway operates as a a non-profit entity and reinvests any surplus in accordance with its mission, vision, principles, and values in order to realize its objectives. GGateway offers customized and competitive ICT business outsourcing services to clients worldwide. GGateway provides the recent ICT graduates from universities in Gaza with a learning environment enabling them to access professional opportunities. GGateway enhances the ICT sector in Gaza by providing qualified labour and business opportunities. GGateway services are such as but not limited to Data Management, Process Improvement, Training Material Development, Software Testing and Application Development. GGateway also runs a vibrant and innovative freelancing platform (GHub), a co-working space equipped with the IT infrastructure in order to foster collaboration and knowledge transfer to create professional ICT communities.
General Position Summary
This advertisement seeks qualified candidates for a National Director.
This position lies at the intersection of the GGateway two objectives: business and social. The National Director is responsible for the Social Enterprise overall management, social, business and marketing models.
Position Expected Starting Date: Subject to fund availability (shortlisted candidates will be informed at least 1-2 months before)
Contract Duration: 1 year, with possibility of extension.
- The National Director reports directly to the GGateway Board of Directors.
- The National Director works closely with the GGateway management team to ensure and fulfil the sustainability and the overall transparent and effective financial functionality of the Enterprise and its assets, accordingly with the strategic directions indicated by the Board.
- The National Director supervises the GGateway management team in charge of the Social, the Services and the Operation departments ensuring daily workflow.
- Be responsible for developing the enterprise strategy and planning with the enterprise stakeholders.
- Mobilize and seek revenue sources (clients, donors, investors, etc.) for developing the necessary strategy, tactics, and social business plan to implement and monitor the enterprise departments accordingly.
- Ensure the enterprise vision via strategy, tactics, and plans for achieving its annual business and social targets.
- Provide leadership, supervision, and management of the enterprise operations on daily basis by defining clear roles and responsibilities and in accordance with the policies approved by the Board.
- Review and update the organisational structure, when needed, and approve staff recruitment, compensation, and benefits.
- Ensure the policies compliance with the internal programmes are conducted in accordance with the laws, regulations, code conduct, and best practice.
- Oversee and authorise commitments, agreements, contracts, leases, MOUs, etc. to be in accordance with rules and regulations.
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation and supervise the reporting to clients, donors, the Board, and other stakeholders, as needed.
- Enable a work environment facilitating collaboration and information sharing to attract and motivate talents and foster a high performance culture promoting ethical practices and social responsibility.
- Outreach local communities and key figures to present the enterprise in ad hoc events and straithen its image, impact, and visibility.
- Seek strategic alliances, partnerships, and technology based initiatives for the development of the enterprise.
- Participate as a non-voting member to Board meetings, and assist its committee and advisory panels.
- Identify the main risks and exposures of the enterprise, review them regularly with the Board and implement an appropriate system to manage them.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
The National Director’s is expected to work with a high level of professional standards and commitment, modelling the teamwork in favour of the GGateway beneficiaries. To succeed, ND must have the following:
- Academic Titles: University degree from accredited educational institutions in Information and Communication Technology, Computer Science or related degree and Master’s degree in Business and Administration, Strategic Management or related fields.
- Work Experience: At least 12 years of experience in business and NGO management, combining technical project delivery, entrepreneurialism, business analysis, marketing and social enterprise experience.
- Language: Proficient in English and mother tongue Arabic.
- Technical and Professional Skills: Strong communication, problem solving, and decision making skills. Effective people management, ability to inspire trust in all the stakeholders, and unshakeable integrity, adhering to vision and principles. Experience in ICT outsourcing and in the MENA region is appreciated.
To apply for this position please send your CV including three professional references with a Cover Letter no later than Oct 15th, 2018 12:00 PM to: [email protected]
Application submission requirements :( IMPORTANT)
To be considered, each application must include (incomplete submissions will not be considered):
- Email Subject: “National Director”
- A one-page Cover Letter, summarizing the candidate’s experience in English (Name your Cover Letter as: ND_ CoverLetter_YOUR FULL NAME
- A CV, including any related degrees, certifications and experience (Name your CV as: ND_ CV_YOUR FULL NAME)
- Three professional references.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be reached out for the test and the interview.
If you face any problem, please contact: [email protected]