The purpose of the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer position is to actively support War Child Holland’s M&E practices by conducting field visits, assuring proper collecting and entering data, as well as analyzing and compiling reports as needed. The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will also support in building the competencies of staff, partners and relevant actors in programs and projects.
Position within the organization
The M&E Officer is part of the Programme Department and reports directly to the Country MEAL Lead/Specialist. S/he works especially closely with other staff of the Programme Department, Project/Programme Coordinators and Officers, Technical Specialists, as well as local project partners and communities. S/he helps ensure that the M&E processes and systems meet the needs of programs, donors, implementers and beneficiaries. This is a field position with majority time spent in field locations across Gaza as well as handling assigned cases related to the accountability to beneficiaries.
Job Location: Gaza
Starting date: Immediately
Duration of employment: 6 months, with a possibility of extension, pending funding
Monitoring and Evaluation standards, guidelines, methods and tools
- Collaborates with the Porgramme team in designing data collection tools, database systems as and when required;
- Follows up on and supports the data collection, analysis and reporting required by the M&E frameworks of projects to measure the progress and impact of the project’s activities in relation to the indicators;
- Ensures that all field-data is being collected in a timely and efficient manner while emphasizing accuracy and quality;
- Conducts qualitative data collection through frequent visits to the field and have focused and well-structured discussions with the program participants, including children;
Quality of Management Information System
- Reports on any identified shortfalls in M&E and follows up on proposed solutions;
- In collaboration with Country MEAL Lead/Specialist and relevant partner staff, conducts quarter Data Quality Assessments.
Internal and External Collaboration and Support
- Supports program staff and local partners in the implementation of M&E tools;
- Participates in meetings with program staff to reflect on findings and agree on action plans.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Knowledge and experience
- Relevant academic background (e.g.: development, statistics, demography, social science)
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative monitoring evaluation systems and tools is highly preferred;
- Minimum 3-4 years of active M&E experience in social development programming and in conducting field-level data collection, data entry and data analysis is required;
- Work experience in projects related to emergency response is preferred;
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines with an emphasis on producing quality products;
- Experience in data analysis and assessments is required;
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office.
- Excellent use of technology related to data entry / analysis / reporting / managing information systems.
- Experience in child protection, and/or psychosocial support programming desirable.
- Proven ability to work productively with a variety of stakeholders to run participatory processes and meet tight deadlines with an emphasis on quality.
- Experience conducting interviews and focus group discussions with children, vulnerable persons as well as a variety of stakeholders.
- Fluency in spoken and written Arabic and English, both required.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Openness to working with refugees and host communities.
- Excellent coordination, teamwork skills and flexibility.
- Critical thinking and strong analytical skills.
- Strong reporting and writing skills.
- Able to quickly identify needs / gaps and work towards solutions.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills maintain close working relationships with local authorities, international NGOs, and local NGOs and associations.
- Cultural sensitivity.
- Commitment to high level of confidentiality with sensitive information
“Commitment to the vision and goals of War Child Holland in oPt, including adherence to the Child Safeguarding Policy, is essential”
To apply please send your one page letter of motivation and CV to [email protected] by July 13th 2021, citing “M&E Officer- Gaza” in the subject line.