Médecins du Monde (MDM) France is an International Medical Organization, which has been present in the Palestinian Territories since 1995. It operates in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank through offices located in Jerusalem, Gaza and Nablus.
MDM is currently looking for qualified candidates to fill the position of:
Mental Health Practitioner, Gaza Base (1 Position)
Starting date: October 1st, 2019.
Type: Part Time Contract (70%).
Duration: 8 months
Assist in the implementation of MHPSS activities of MdM France in Gaza Base and facilitate the delivery of a quality MHPSS activities on different levels: Community Level, Primary & Secondary Health Care Level and Specialised MHPSS Service providers Level.
- Implement MHPSS Activities within MdM France MHPSS projects, medical and non-medical projects.
- Implement MHPSS Integration activities internally within MdM medical and non-medical projects or externally with MdM France partners in Gaza.
- MHPSS Capacity Building activities on 3 levels: Community Level, Non-Specialised Health Care Level and Specialised MHPSS Service Providers Level.
- Implement Supervisory Activities upon MdM France Partner`s MHPSS Activities.
- Implementation and improvement of effective field activities monitoring and reporting, including data collection and analysis.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A degree in Social Work, or in any other relevant field (Bachelor Major in Social Work or Master in Community Mental Health/ Social Work)
- Extensive experience in training and supervising social workers and Mental Health Field Workers (at least 3 years)
- Proven experience in providing emergency psychological interventions and in training MHPSS teams on PFA and other mental health emergency intervention techniques.
- Proven experience in Child Protection and GBV SOP`s and other locally adapted Mental Health Protocols for the management of MHPSS needs in GBV Survivors.
- Experience in assessing, reporting and managing MHPSS and GBV needs in shelters for IDP`s.
- Experience in individual, family and group sessions.
- Experience in providing and training Stress Management and Self-care sessions.
- Experience in Community Psycho-education and training.
- Extensive experience in maintaining network activities including with, national or International NGO`s and official service providers.
- Previous work experience with international organizations
- Knowledge of MHPSS international guidelines
- Strong communication and facilitation skills
- Managerial skills
- To be able to work independently.
- Excellent writing skills and Computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Arabic and English (both written and spoken)
- Deadline for applications: August 8th, 2019
- Short List: August 21-22nd, 2019
- Written Exam: August 27th, 2019
- Interviews: August 29th, 2019
- Contract Starting Date: October 1st, 2019
Qualified applicants are invited to send their resume or CV and a one-page cover letter in English, by Email to:
Please reference the job title as MDM/ Mental Health Practitioner /GZA/2019 in the subject line of your Email.
This position is being advertised in preparation for a possible new grant subjective to fund.
Dead line for receiving the application is Thursday August 8th, 2019
MDM recruits qualified individuals without distinction ethnic background or Gender.
Please note that MDM will contact only pre-selected candidates and by email, the consultancy will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
In accordance with the Resolution No. 17, 2010 of the Gaza Ministry of Interior, applicants who have a running contract with a Ministry will not be selected.
We thank all candidates for their interest to MDM.