For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organization committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organization do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 40 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM strategy in Palestine focuses on 3 topics: Mental Health & Psychosocial Support (MHPSS), Sexual & Reproductive Health (SRH) and Emergency Preparedness (EPP).
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the field coordinator, you are in charge of the management and the supervision of MdM MHPSS team and program and ensure a quality implementation of MHPSS projects in accordance with MdM strategy for MHPSS.
Your main responsibilities are to:
- Participate to the preparation of MHPSS plans, to adjust MdM activities and MHPSS resources to the needs
- Map and update existing MHPSS programs and service providers (including potential partners such as MoH, INGOs, NGOs, local CBOs, Association of Volunteers)
- Conduct MHPSS needs assessments and diagnosis
- Contribute to the drafting of MdM MHPSS strategy and activities’ proposals for donors
- Support the advocacy coordinator in the design and implementation of MHPSS advocacy strategy
- Attend MdM technical/strategic meetings with local partners (Ministry of health, international organizations, NGOs, etc.) in coordination with the medical and field coordinators
- Capitalize on tools, protocols and guidelines produced on the project
- Plan, implement, monitor and evaluate MHPSS activities implemented directly by MdM staff or indirectly through partners
- Develop and adapt specific didactic MHPSS materials for capacity building activities
- Improve and follow up the referral system for MHPSS cases
- Conduct regular field visits for the project activities
- Ensure good communication and provide needed information of the project needs and maintain links between projects team and the support departments of the base for the project’s implementation
- Take part in advocacy and communication activities under the supervision of your supervisor and the advocacy coordinator
- Organize and provide training events related to MHPSS (group training sessions, refreshment courses, on-the-job training, workshops and other scientific events)
- Be in charge of the technical operational coordination between all partners involved in the training
- Participate in MHPSS meetings
Data collection, reporting, monitoring and evaluation
- Participate in networking with other MHPSS stakeholders during emergencies
- Systematize the collection and filing of MHPSS data from external sources (MoH, other NGOs, WHO etc.) in coordination with the monitoring and evaluation officer
- Ensure the qualitative and quantitative data collection and its proper analysis and produce related summaries on a monthly basis
- Participate actively in the writing of donors’ reports
- Provide monthly report of activities and program management and other reports on the request of the field coordinator
- Immediately report emergency needs at community level
Human Resources Management
- Be in charge of the daily technical supervision and management of the MHPSS staff in the base
- Conduct annual appraisals of all staff under your direct supervision
- Participate in the recruitment and briefing of new mental health program staff
- Ensure adequate information flow within the different field teams in terms of communication channels and content of messages
- Identify training needs, set up training or mentoring/coaching programs and follow up on implementation
- Report HR misconduct to the field coordinator
Financial and logistics management
- Participate in the annual and projects budget construction and consumptions as well as any required revision
- Forecast the monthly financial needs of the projects and share with the administrative manager on a monthly basis
- Participate in the annual and projects procurement plan as well as any required revision
- Forecast the monthly logistics needs of the projects and share with the logistics manager in the first week of each month
- Provide the project activities weekly plan and movement to logistics department
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status: Employee Contract: Fixed-term contract
Duration: 1 year
Starting date: As Soon As Possible
Position based Nablus
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Education & Experience
- Advanced degree in clinical psychology or in any other relevant field (Bachelor Major in Psychology or Master/Specialization in Clinical psychology)
- Valuable experience in training and supervising social workers and psychologists (at least 3 years)
- Experience of counseling/psychological support/psychotherapy in MHPSS situations with people affected by conflicts (at least 2 years)
- Experience related to psychosocial/psychological assessment
- Previous work experience with international organizations
Personal skills required
- Strong communication and facilitation skills
- Human resources management skills
- Independence, autonomy and diplomacy
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Excellent writing skills
- Languages: excellent English (both written and spoken), Arabic is an asset
You are committed to MdM’s values as an organization and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
Qualified applicants are invited to send their resume or CV and a one-page cover letter in English, by e-mail to [email protected]
Please reference the job title as MDM/MH Manager/2019 in the subject line of your e-mail.
Dead line for receiving the application is Sunday the 24th of Feb 2019
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.