Médecins du Monde (MdM) France is an international medical organization, which has been present in the occupied Palestinian territory since 1995. It operates in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank (WB) through offices located in Jerusalem, Gaza and Nablus.
MdM is currently looking for a qualified candidate to fill the position of Mental Health Doctor based in Nablus.
Number of vacancies: 1
Starting Date: ASAP
Duration: 2 years with possibility to be extended.
I. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direct technical and direct supervision of MdM Mental Health Manager, your main tasks and responsibilities are:
• Development of Mental Health (MH) Didactic Materials
• Capacity building activities for medical, para medical and MHPSS staff
• Promotion of National Mental Health Referral System use
• Contribute to the creation and implementation of Mental Health data collection tools
• Contribute to MdM Mental Health operational advocacy.
• MHPSS integration activities in Health-care settings
• Support the process of promoting Mental Health integration on different health care levels.
• Support the process of quality MHPSS integration in Primary Health Care (PHC).
• Create patient pathway for MHPSS needs in Health-care facilities
• Support the process of integrating specific MH conditions in patient records.
• Support the process of defining role and responsibility for the detection, management, and referral of MH Cases.
• Support the process of creating the link between hospital, PHCC and the Community Mental Health Center (CMHC).
• Support the implementation of Mental Health National Referral System.
• Support the Mental Health Manager in organizing relevant meetings in PHC, MH Directorate/unit and other partners if needed to ensure proper implementation of project’s activities, follow-up of detected and referred cases.
• Create, maintain, and animate a fruitful coordination and collaboration with the PHCC Directorate, the MH Directorate/Unit and other actors/partners.
• Implement and animate a continuous map of MH actors and partners in the North WB.
• Support MdM France MH Department in the creation and adaptation of MHPSS training materials based, inter alia, on mhGAP manual, support the implementation of mhGAP training and guidelines, reviewing, update and create new guidelines for the management of GBV patients, people with disabilities, neglected and abused children and people with no communicable diseases.
• Provide technical and clinical supervision for health providers receiving the mhGAP in PHCCs
• Assist in scheduling and organizing specific workshops and trainings in MdM France office, MdM France Partners, PHCC, hospital or other relevant places.
• Makes sure that any materials or tools are validated by MdM France, MH Directorate/unit and the PHCC Directorate, through direct supervisor prior to implementation.
• Design, implement, supervised on-job-training on special population needs in terms of MH.
• Support MdM MH manager and coordination team in operational advocacy related to MH integration on Health services.
• Provide program operational reports based on the request of the Mental Health Manager.
• Provide monthly report of activities upon the request of the Mental Health Manager.
• Contribute to the data analysis in collaboration with the Mental Health Manager.
• Immediately report any abuse or risk situations to MdM France’s attention.
• Produce other report and documentation upon request of the Mental Health Manager ..
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
• Bachelor’s degree in medicine, Post Graduate Degree in Mental Health (or similar relevant background)
• Experience in detection and management of mental health conditions in primary health-care settings
• Good knowledge in DSM 5 Manual & mhGAP Guidelines
• Experience in mhGAP training.
• Knowledge in GBV survivors medical and counselling management, PWD’s specific needs, neglected and abused children’s specific needs, patients suffering by non-communicable diseases’ is an asset.
• Experience in work with INGOs.
• Capacity to organize & conduct training.
• Good supervision & reporting skills.
• Good communication skills.
• Good command of English and Arabic languages (both written and spoken).
• Computer skills (word, excel, PowerPoint, statistics software…).
• Valid Certificate of practicing the profession.
Qualified applicants are invited to send their resume or CV and a one-page cover letter in English, by e-mail to [email protected]
Please reference the job title as NAB/MHDR/062021 in the subject line of your e-mail.
Deadline for receiving the application is Tuesday the 15th of June 2021
MDM will review the CVs upon its reception on a rolling basis and will recruit the qualified one as soon as the suitable candidate is identified, without distinction ethnic background or Gender.
Please note that MDM will contact only pre-selected candidates and by email.
We thank all candidates for their interest in a position with MDM