Médecins du Monde (MDM) France is an International Medical Organization, which has been present in the Palestinian Territories since 1995. It operates in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank through offices located in Jerusalem, Gaza and Nablus.
MDM is currently looking for qualified candidates to fill the position of:
Mental Health Doctor, Gaza Base (1 Position)
- Support the process of Promoting Mental Health integration on different health care levels.
- Support the process of quality MHPSS integration in Primary Health Care.
- Create client pathway for MHPSS needs in Health-care facilities
- Support the process of integrating specific MH Conditions in patient records.
- Support the process of defining role and responsibility for the detection, management and referral of MH Cases.
- Support the process of creating the link between hospital, PHCC and the CMHC and Psychiatric Hospital for referral of MH Cases.
- Support the implementation of Mental Health National Referral System.
- Support the creation of data collection tools for MH Conditions.
- Support the Mental Health Manager in organizing relevant meetings in the hospital, PHC, MH Directorate/unit and other partners if needed to ensure proper follow-up of detected and referred cases.
- Support MdM France MH Department in the creation of MHPSS training materials Support the implementation of MH GAP Guidelines, MHPSS Modules on different levels
- Provide Technical supervision for mental health activities implemented at Health facilities .
- Assist in scheduling and organizing specific workshops and trainings in MdM France office, MdM France Partners, PHCC, hospital or other relevant places.
- Makes sure that any materials or tools are validated by MdM France, MH Directorate/unit and the Hospital, through direct supervisor prior to implementation.
- Support MDM MH manager and coordination team in operational advocacy related to MH integration on Health services.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in medicine, Post Graduate Degree in Mental Health (or similar relevant background)
- Experience in detection and Management of Mental Health Conditions in Health-care settings
- Good Knowledge in DSM 5 Manual & MH GAP Guidelines
- Experience in MH GAP training
- Experience in work with INGOs.
- Capacity to organize & conduct training.
- Good supervision & reporting skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Good command of English and Arabic languages (both written and spoken).
- Computer skills (word, excel, PowerPoint, statistics software…).
- Valid Certificate of practicing the profession.
Qualified applicants are invited to send their resume or CV and a one-page cover letter in English, by Email to:
Please reference the job title as MDM/ Mental Health Doctor /GZA/2019 in the subject line of your Email.
This position is being advertised in preparation for a possible new grant subjective to fund.
Dead line for receiving the application is Tuesday 05th of November 2019
MDM recruits qualified individuals without distinction ethnic background or Gender.
Please note that MDM will contact only pre-selected candidates and by email, the consultancy will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
In accordance with the Resolution No. 17, 2010 of the Gaza Ministry of Interior, applicants who have a running contract with any governmental or non-governmental structure will not be selected.
(Unpaid leaves will not be considered)
We thank all candidates for their interest to MDM.