Overview of AWDA
AWDA is NGO leading Palestinian knowledge-based community healthcare organazation established in 1985, contributing to community empowerment in healthcare and promoting the comprehensive concept in the Gaza Strip.Its members are gathering a healthy vision for our slogan , " Health-Protection-Empowerment ". AWDA is achieving community health empowerment and promoting the comprehensive healthcare concept through capacity development; primary; and tertiary healthcare; culture and health, and community health communication and advocacy programs.
Overview of MSF :
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association.Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
The staff will be employed by AWDA and is assigned to MSF Limb reconstructive surgery project in Al Awda hospital according the partnership between AWDA and MSF.
Position in the Organization
Reports to (Hierarchical):
Medical Activity Manager
Reports to (Functional):
Medical Activity Manager
Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries health conditions.
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevent. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IPD patients, through daily visits, consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors -- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients’ illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing biohazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnosis and prevention (helped by clinical examination, laboratory results and exams available).
- If necessary prescribe relevant treatment according to MSF guidelines and protocols.
- Ensure a medical follow-up of quality and if necessary (and possible) refer to other health facilities.
- Apply IPC measures in all medical activities.
- Respect the principles of antibiotic stewardship.
- Keep the patient and his family informed about any development and medical prognosis.
- Collaborate with nurses and team supervisor in indicating the needs in medical equipment and drugs for respective units/services
- Work in collaboration with surgeons and anaesthetists as well as nursing, physiotherapy, mental health, and health promotion staff.
- Ensure a daily morning surgical round in the ward, with monitoring and evaluation of new cases in the afternoon.
- Ensure thorough patient history taking and perform a physical examination for patients.
- Regularly examine all patients and identify possible medical, surgical or psychological symptoms or needs.
- Inform the patient about his/her health status and explain the treatment.
- Coordinate treatment with the multidisciplinary team.
- Coordinate with the nurse supervisor the new patients` admission, according to their personal, medical and clinical status.
- Assess and coordinate the need for external consultations / referrals.
- Assess and manage pre- and postoperative care.
- Ensure the follow up of infection parameters, results of cultures and antibiotic treatment.
- Ensure the follow up of pain protocol.
- Ensure the follow up of chronic and acute medical conditions.
- Ensure the follow-up concerning surgical issues: wound care, mobilization, casts, slabs and traction in close collaboration with department managers and supervisors.
- Ensure comprehensive documentation in the patients' medical file in a timely and accurate manner, including diagnosis, laboratory exams, treatments, plan and discharge notes.
- Update the required patient databases with clinical information in a timely manner, including tracking complications and surgical site infection surveillance. Participate in file reviews and data collection as required.
- Ensure the follow-up of treatments of previous hospitalized patients, including short- term prescriptions and renewal of long-term prescriptions.
- Ensure the follow-up and interpretations of investigation results.
- Take the history and performs a physical examination of patients. Define diagnosis and ensure treatment.
- Assess and coordinate the need for external consultations/ referrals with the support from the MAM.
- Ensure comprehensive documentation in the patient’s medical file in a timely and accurate manner.
- Notify the surgeons of any medical problem related to surgery, including pain, changes in the infection parameters, pertinent medical information.
- Coordinate specialist (surgeon, anaesthetist, antibiotic stewardship, etc) follow-up of patients on both a scheduled and as-needed basis.
- Identify complex cases, particularly patients who are not responding to treatment, and present their case summaries to the multidisciplinary team for discussion.
- Update the required patient databases with clinical information in a timely manner, including the diagnosis database. Participate in file reviews and data collection as required.
Team work Activities
- Works in an integrated fashion with all other members of the multidisciplinary medical team, respecting the skills and knowledge of each.
- Notifies the MAM immediately of any problems encountered.
- Active participation in meetings, committees and trainings.
Responsibilities towards MSF
Commitment to MSF
- Availability for emergencies
General knowledge of MSF
- Has a general understanding of the association, its functioning, structure and values (charter).
- Is aware of MSF objectives and activities in general and in the working context.
- Participates actively in meetings and training
Cooperation with other departments
- Is aware of activities of other departments and respect specific rules and procedures
- Interprets conversation when necessary
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
o Medical Doctor diploma and or recognized medical doctor diploma/degree (plus inscription to the national register of the country of mission)
o 2-year experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be within medical training). Desirable general practice, general medicine or minor surgery.
o MSF experience or experience with other international organizations is an advantage
o Fluent English & Arabic required
تقديم طلبات التوظيف إلكترونياً عبر الرابط https://forms.gle/iFTxcDXtKM8DZvso8
ينتهي تقديم الطلبات بتاريخ 18/12/2022 الساعة 16:00
يرجى إحضار الأوراق الثبوتية التالية لاحقا: سيرة ذاتية باللغة الانجليزية- صورة الهوية – شهادة جامعية في التخصص- كشف الدرجات –شهادات الخبرة – شهادة الثانوية العامة –مزاولة المهنة-صور شخصية (أصل وصورة لكل الأوراق).
دائرة الموارد البشرية