Palestinian Farmers Union is a popular framework was established at 1993, work on organizing and building the capacity of farmers organizations to enable them to defend their rights and benefits, it works as a national umbrella aims to work with similar Arabic and international organizations and the continuity of these unions work to achieve the principle of agricultural development continuity which depend on the method of collecting the capacities and directing the shared possibilities to improve performance and to preserve environment.
Duties and responsibilities:
Preparation of PFU media materials in both English and Arabic.
Maintain social media outreach through Facebook, email, and direct mail.
Preparation of reports in both Arabic and English.
Preparation of success stories.
Responsibilities in Details:
Coordinating all activities related to communication and media, including producing, editing and writing.
Conducting field visits to programs and beneficiaries to develop needed materials for media and press releases.
Write articles and send photos for publications to media outlets
Coordinating with media outlets in relation to the production of materials and press releases.
Designing, writing and editing all annual and periodical reports related to PFU achievements.
Writing press articles and releases in both Arabic and English.
Managing social networks, PFU website and enhancing the users’ capacity to find information.
Take photos and record videos of all program activities and do the necessary editing.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral in both Arabic and English.
-Strong reporting skills in English and Arabic language.
-Written and verbal fluency in English is a must.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Experience in social media
- Experience in Photographing.
- Ability to formulate general ideas clearly and accurately orally and in writing, in addition to possess specific skills in writing press releases and articles / stories for traditional and electronic media.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
-Pay close attention to details while handling multiple tasks.
-Demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and under pressure.
- Excellent computer skills to perform duties like graphic design and website development Proficient in: Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, And Publisher) Microsoft Office – PowerPoint, Word, Excel Working Knowledge of: Dreamweaver, HTML, CSS
- Ability to learn and self-development.
-Highly motivated and results driven.
Reports to: executive Director
Key Matrix Relationships: All staff
Bachelor's degree in communication, journalism, social networking, public relations or practical experience in communication with a bachelor's degree in a related field.
Proficiency in media writing in accordance with PFU requirements of reports, publications, press releases, campaigns and website.
Minimum three years of practical experience in communication and media.
Good knowledge of the Palestinian civil society and the Palestinian political and social reality.
Interested candidates are kindly requested to send their CV and cover letter to:
No later than 22nd of Feb 2018. The selection committee will review all applications. All applicants must meet the minimum requirements described above, and those unable to meet these requirements will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.