Job Vacancy – Readvertised
Reference Code: PvP-PFU
Palestinian Farmers Union is a popular framework was launched in 1993 and reestablished in 2004, that represent farmers across west bank and Gaza Strip through its 16 farmers Association acting in 16 governorates in the West Bank and Gaza strip. PFU works to support the resilience of farmers through enhancing enabling environment that ensures that the existing agricultural policies and legislations are better responsive to farmers rights. To achieve that PFU lobby and advocate to amend activate, change or propose policies that serve as a safety net in addition to that PFU is working to expand membership base of farmers that are better empowered enough to claim their rights and influence the government policies for a better responsive enabling environment for farmers.
The Palestinian Farmers’ Union (PFU) in partnership with OXFAM, are implementing a project titled “Power of Voices Partnership” (PvP) funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs which aims to increase the accountability of government, responsiveness, fairness, through implementing better mechanisms related to agriculture policies that will achieve farmer aspirations and rights. Through the PVP project, we seek to contribute to achieving sustainability for the Palestinian farmers as well as, increase farmers’ awareness of their rights and their right to follow up and track the government’s failures in practicing agricultural policies that will have positive repercussions of the long run.
PFU is seeking a competent and highly qualified project coordinator to work in its office in Ramallah.
General Position Summary
The project coordinator will provide technical oversight, and management of activities to ensure that the project meets its goals and deliverables on-time, on-scope, and within budget. The coordinator will ensure high project quality while ensuring strict adherence to donor rules and regulations. He/she will also have representation duties to donors, relevant government entities, partners, and external stakeholders. He/she will ensure that the project is running smoothly, on-time, and to budget. In addition to planning different project activities and following up on the implementation of these activities, and reporting.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
The main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Preparation of detailed and effective project action plans.
- Execute the project according to the project plan to ensure the desired results are achieved, the most efficient resources are used and the different interests involved are satisfied.
- Work closely with relevant ministries to support the smooth implementation of the project activities in accordance with the project action plan and scope of work
- Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion and achievement of results
- Develop regular progress and final reports and any reports requested from direct supervisor
- Provide close follow up of expenditures to ensure the effective and appropriate utilization of funds
- Attend meetings and workshops on behalf of PFU with the project partners and stakeholders and prepare relevant meeting minutes and reports to be shared with the project team
- Schedule and plan meetings, conduct research, write and edit ToRs, prepare PowerPoint presentations, participate in planning meetings, and complete other administrative duties.
- Conduct regular field visits and discussion meetings with partners and key stakeholders to assess the project progress according to the set plans and collect anecdotal evidence and success stories from the field to inform project monitoring and implementation.
- Provide regular feedback to the direct supervisor regarding the implementation progress and recommendations to promote the quality of the project outputs.
- Follow up with consultancy firms and trainers during the delivery of the consultancy services and collect data from the field to ensure that consultancy services are being delivered according to the ToR and agreement.
- Collaborate with other departments at PFU to facilitate the timely and effective implementation of the project activities through ensuring the smooth flow of information and timely coordination.
- Implement other tasks and duties as assigned by the direct supervisor.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Essential Experiences and Competencies:
- ONLY THOSE WITH EXCELLENT COMMAND OF ENGLISH MAY APPLY
- Minimum 5 years of employment in the field of projects management.
- Strong management and advocacy skills, with good knowledge of international influence strategies
- At least university degree in business administration, entrepreneurship, international development or any other relevant field. Master's degree is preferred.
- Experience working within the NGO sector and a strong background in initiating and implementing programs.
- Good Knowledge and experience in the digital sector
- Good experience in Project Cycle Management.
- Highly organized, reliable attention to details and ability to work independently when needed.
- Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, partners and donors.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize workload and multi-task.
- Mature work practices, highly motivated and demonstrate sound judgment.
- Fluency in both English & Arabic languages including both written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent reporting skills in both English & Arabic.
- Advanced computer literacy.
- Integrity and strong identification with PFU Core Value
One year, with possibility of extension
Interested candidates are kindly requested to send their CV and cover letter to: [email protected]
No later than 11th of May 2022. Please include the reference code listed at the beginning of the document in the subject line of the email. The selection committee will review all applications. All applicants must meet the minimum requirements described above, and those unable to meet these requirements will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note: If you have already applied for this position, please do not apply again.