Reference Code: PvP-PFU
Palestinian Farmers Union is a popular framework was launched in 1993 and reestablished in 2004, that represent farmers across west bank and Gaza Strip through its 16 farmers Association acting in 16 governorates in the West Bank and Gaza strip. PFU works to support the resilience of farmers through enhancing enabling environment that ensures that the existing agricultural policies and legislations are better responsive to farmers rights. To achieve that PFU lobby and advocate to amend activate, change or propose policies that serve as a safety net in addition to that PFU is working to expand membership base of farmers that are better empowered enough to claim their rights and influence the government policies for a better responsive enabling environment for farmers.
Currently, PFU is working on implementing a project aimed to reinforce accountability and fair competition status and tax refund as well as other agriculture policies in Palestine. PFU is seeking a competent and highly qualified project coordinator to work in its office in Ramallah.
General Position Summary
The project coordinator will provide technical oversight, and management of activities to ensure that the project meets its goals and deliverables on-time, on-scope, and within budget. The coordinator will ensure high project quality while ensuring strict adherence to donor rules and regulations. He/she will also have representation duties to donors, relevant government entities, partners, and external stakeholders.
The main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Preparation of detailed and effective project action plans.
- Execute the project according to the project plan to ensure the desired results are achieved, the most efficient resources are used and the different interests involved are satisfied.
- Work closely with relevant ministries to support the smooth implementation of the project activities in accordance with the project action plan and scope of work
- Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion and achievement of results
- Write regular progress reports and any reports requested from direct supervisor
- Provide close follow up of expenditures to ensure the effective and appropriate utilization of funds
- Attend meetings and workshops on behalf of PFU with the project partners and stakeholders and prepare relevant meeting minutes and reports to be shared with the project team
- Schedule and plan meetings, conduct research, write and edit ToRs, prepare PowerPoint presentations, participate in planning meetings, and complete other administrative duties.
- Conduct regular field visits and discussion meetings with partners and key stakeholders to assess the project progress according to the set plans and collect anecdotal evidence and success stories from the field to inform project monitoring and implementation.
- Provide regular feedback to the direct supervisor regarding the implementation progress and recommendations to promote the quality of the project outputs.
- Follow up with consultancy firms and trainers during the delivery of the consultancy services and collect data from the field to ensure that consultancy services are being delivered according to the ToR and agreement.
- Collaborate with other departments at PFU to facilitate the timely and effective implementation of the project activities through ensuring the smooth flow of information and timely coordination.
- Implement other tasks and duties as assigned by the direct supervisor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Expected Duration of Assignment: 1st of March 2021– 31st of December 2021
Interested candidates are kindly requested to send their CV and cover letter to: [email protected]. No later than 22nd of Feb 2021. Please include the reference code listed at the beginning of the document in the subject line of the email. The selection committee will review all applications. All applicants must meet the minimum requirements described above, and those unable to meet these requirements will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.