Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
The candidate should be :
- Eager and required to adhere to Oxfam’s principles and values as well as the promotion of gender justice and women's rights .
- Understanding of and commitment to adhere to equity, diversity, gender, child safety and staff health and wellbeing principles.
Oxfam Quebec is recruiting for its new volunteer cooperation program .
Oxfam-Quebec is looking for Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada who are currently living in one of our 13 program countries (see list below).
As part of the launch of its Volunteer Cooperation Program (VCP) 2020-2027 « EQUALITY IN ACTION », Oxfam-Québec is searching for professional volunteers who will collaborate with our in-country teams and work with our local partners in Africa, the Middle East and Latin America and the Caribbean. The mandates will be for a period of 3 to 12 months. Start dates are still to be confirmed.
The VCP aims to increase the performance of local partner organizations in implementing inclusive, innovative and sustainable development initiatives that will enhance gender equality and women’s rights in their country.
If you are currently in one of these countries and meet one of the profiles we are looking for, we invite you to submit your application in the working language in the country. Please mention in which country you are currently in. (In the Middle East, the working language is English)
Target countries by continent:
Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Liberia, Senegal, Sierra Leone
Middle East: Jordan, Occupied Palestinian Territories and Israel (OPT/I)
Latin America and the Caribbean: Bolivia, El Salvador, Haiti, Honduras, Peru
In OPt the programme is currently Recruiting for a Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning ( MEAL) Officer
Under the responsibility of the Programme Coordinator in the country of intervention, and in close collaboration with Oxfam colleagues (country, region, Oxfam-Québec headquarters), the MEAL Officer performs his/her mandate to ensure the achievement of results of the programme and support to partners in his/her fields of expertise.
In accordance with the policies, standards and procedures of Oxfam, the MEAL Officer undertakes the following responsibilities:
- To work in partnership with OPt MEAL colleagues to understand current working practices and procedures with respect to the OPt country programme.
- To work with the relevant OPT Programme Managers to identify and understand the current relationships with existing partners and the contextual risks facing partners at this time. Read existing partner contracts and documentation, partnership assessments (Risk Assessment Method of Oxfam Novib - RAMONs).
- To review and assess existing MEAL plans with specific reference to the gender and influencing programmes implemented by the OPt Country office and the partners.
- In conjunction with OPT Programme Office, identify the likely areas of partner engagement and map out the process (e.g. participatory meetings) and required tools for developing a baseline survey.
- Undertake a fully participatory baseline survey.
- Develop in conjunction with MEAL colleagues and partner organisations, an inclusive contextualized MEAL system using the joint Oxfam approach in monitoring, evaluation, learning and social responsibility (called CAMSA) and a costings plan for the duration of the programme in OPt.
- Identify any capacity gaps in the implementation of the MEAL system and develop bespoke capacity building plan.
- Prepare trainings for country office staff and partners to communicate the findings of the baseline assessment and the roles and responsibilities of the PAI MEAL system.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Canadian citizenship or Canadian permanent resident status.
- University degree in social sciences, project management, organizational development, program evaluation or any other relevant field.
- At least three (3) years of relevant experience in the field of Monitoring,
- Evaluation and Learning (MEL).
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team.
- International development work experience (an asset).
- Experience working in the country of assignment (an asset).
Specific skills for the position :
- Mastery of the mechanisms of monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) using the results-based management approach.
- Results Based Management.
- Excellent knowledge of Middle East context.
- Demonstrated leadership and coaching capacities.
- Demonstrated creative, innovative mindset
- Demonstrated reasonable tolerance to risk and to uncertainty context
- High professional autonomy
- Intercultural Skills
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Training and workshop facilitation.
- Design and adaptation of MEAL tools
Computer skills :
- Good command of Microsoft Office 2010 (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and Skype.
Language (s) of work :
- English, spoken and written.
- French (an asset).
- Arabic (an asset).
Working Conditions : Dependent on status of volunteer
- Monthly allowance: amount based on the cost of living in the country of assignment.
- Round trip airfare. we offer a return airfare to Canada
- Travel insurance, life and disability insurance.
- Housing allowance.
Oxfam-Québec thanks you for your interest and stresses that, given the need to fill positions as quickly as possible, the applications received are analyzed on a continual basis and interviews are conducted on an ongoing basis.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.