For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organization committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organization do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 40 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment. MdM strategy in Palestine focuses on 3 topics: Mental Health & Psychosocial Support (MHPSS), Sexual & Reproductive Health (SRH) and Emergency Preparedness (EPP).
MDM is currently looking for qualified candidates to fill the position of:
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer (M.E.A.L Officer), Gaza Base (1 Position)
Starting date: 04th of July 2021.
Type: Full time contract.
Duration: 1 year (with possibility to be extended)
Responsible for the implementation of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (M.E.A.L) framework for the organization’s projects and contribute to the design and implementation of related core M&E research and development activities of MDM
More precisely, you will work on:
- Developing a M.E.A.L system, including designing a framework for the monitoring, evaluation, accountability and Learning of the MDM project activities and defining methodologies for collecting data that will be used for monitoring the effective implementation of the MDM projects
- Working closely with all MDM and implementing partner/s teams to ensure timely and accurate collection of data required for regular updating of the relevant Indicators including the ones set out in the Delegation Agreement that will be used to assess the progress of implementation of the MDM programs
- Conducting on a regular basis an internal monitoring and evaluation of results and impact of the projects, and preparing reports that report on implementation progress, including implementation problems (if any), and making recommendations for corrective action
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Degree in data science, statistics, social science, or any other related field.
- Experience or background in epidemiology, public health, health information management or a related discipline
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection including survey design, implementation and analysis
- Demonstrated skill in training and MEAL capacity development of field staff.
- Good command of Microsoft Office, Open Data Kit (ODK) or similar.
- Competence in statistics software packages as EPI-info and SPSS will be an asset, or familiar with code languages as R or Python.
- Competence in Geographic Information Systems will be an asset.
- Ability to seek, collect, clean and critically analyse data and information needed to achieve the tasks
- Experience working with NGOs is preferred
- Willingness to travel regularly to the filed according to the requirements of the job
- Professional proficiency in Arabic and English is mandatory
Qualified applicants are invited to send their resume or CV and a one-page cover letter in English, by email to: [email protected]
Please reference the job title as MDM/MEAL Officer/GZA/2021 in the subject line of your Email, or it may not be considered
Dead line for receiving the applications is Thursday 10th of June 2021
MDM recruits qualified individuals without distinction ethnic background or Gender.
Please note that MDM will contact only pre-selected candidates and by email, the position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
We thank all candidates for their interest in a position with MDM.