Reports to: Monitoring, Evaluation, and Communications Director
Supervision of: n/a
Location: Tetra Tech Communities Thrive Ramallah Office
The USAID/WBG Communities Thrive Project (CTP) works with 55 municipalities located in the West Bank and aims to improve the municipal revenue streams and fiscal management of the 55 municipalities, increase their accountability and transparency, enhance delivery and management of their municipal services and the effectiveness of their operations, and improve the regulatory and policy framework for municipal governance. In line with USAID guidelines, CTP is using the Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) approach to ensure the project is effective, coordinated with internal and external stakeholders, grounded in a strong evidence base, and iteratively adapted to remain relevant throughout implementation.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Learning and Communications Specialist will work collaboratively with the M&E unit and the technical and regional teams to integrate and share learning in the project and with project stakeholders. The position will also manage the project reporting to USAID and coordinate CTP communications, including implementing the project communications strategy and managing the production of communications material. The Learning and Communications Specialist will report to the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Communications (MEC) Director. The position is based in the Ramallah office, with frequent travel within the West Bank.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Work with MEC Director and technical team to facilitate and institutionalize learning in the project, including identifying knowledge gaps and developing learning activities to inform and improve programming.
- Produce regular high-quality, results-based reports for USAID in English language.
- Manage the production of learning and communications materials for USAID and other target audiences (including infographics, blog content, case studies, and reports)
- Support the program’s communication strategy by identifying communications opportunities, defining messaging, and planning and supervising communications actions.
- Contribute to team effort by undertaking additional tasks and responsibilities as requested.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS: (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS)
EDUCATION: A bachelor degree in social sciences, international development, or related field, and a masters’ degree is strongly preferable.
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience.
- Proven experience in preparing reports and communication materials desired.
- Proven experience with learning and adaptive management a significant advantage.
- Knowledge of the local government sector also a significant advantage.
- Experience on USAID-funded projects is highly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly in English writing and editing. Must be able to communicate and synthesize technical evidence-based findings clearly and succinctly in written, graphic and/or verbal form.
- Demonstrated ability to apply analytical methods in complex settings, and to transform findings into actionable plans;
- Experience in knowledge sharing best practices, design, and development of activities
- Excellent project management and planning and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office package, especially Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Word
- Expertise in strategic communications is a plus.
- Requires an ability to work independently and as part of a team, accept responsibility, and be extremely discrete with sensitive information.
- Must also be able to foster supportive working relationship among all staff;
LANGUAGES: Fluency in English (with excellent writing skills). Professional fluency in Arabic is highly desirable.
GENERAL: Must be creative and dynamic; exhibit enthusiasm, initiative, flexibility, and openness to new ideas. Ability to plan strategically and creatively to meet specified objectives. Highly organized individual able to pay close attention to details. Strong collaboration skills. Ability to work as a member of a team of professionals in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply no later than Tuesday May 15, 2018.
To be considered applicants must submit the following to [email protected]
Please clearly indicate in the subject line “learning and communication Specialist”. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are included in the email, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all its operations - in the U.S and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women, youth, people with disabilities and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.