The USAID/WBG Communities Thrive project will focus on 55 municipalities located in the West Bank and will aim to improve municipal revenue streams and fiscal management of local government units (LGUs), increase the accountability and transparency of local governments, enhance delivery and management of the municipal services and the effectiveness of local governments’ operations, and improve the regulatory and policy framework for municipal governance.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working in close coordination with operations and technical staff, and under the direction of Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources and Administrative Assistant will be responsible for all reception activities, receiving documents and mail, filing. This position is based in the Communities Thrive Office in Ramallah.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Maintains calendars and schedules appointments for staff members based on the knowledge of their activities, regularly scheduled meetings, and ad hoc meetings;
- Receives and directs telephone calls and inquiries to appropriate staff members;
- Assists with special projects;
- Routes communications, and responds to routine requests for information;
- Schedules regular and ad hoc meetings, including reserving conference rooms or other -appropriate facilities, preparing agendas, notifying participants, setting up equipment and -assembling background and informational materials;
- Receives and controls incoming actions, ensuring compliance with deadlines. Sorts and -distributes correspondence and other mail;
- Maintains Human Resources and project files, correspondence, program documents, and reports.
- Prepares files for storage or destruction, as appropriate;
- Provides phone and other backstopping support to other staff on an as-needed basis;
- Assists periodically by making photocopies, sending faxes and e-mails, updating leave and travel schedules, and receiving visitors;
- Prepares packages for courier pickup;
- Assists in familiarizing new staff members with the office standards and procedures and or participating in their on-the-job training;
- Maintains leave, travel, and training schedules;
- Maintains address, telephone, file and visitor’s lists;
- Maintains files and photocopies documents; -Performs other duties as assigned.
- Contribute to team effort by undertaking additional tasks and responsibilities as requested.
Job Description and Specifications
Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field, such as business administration, or other related discipline.
Minimum of 4 years’ relevant professional experience, with at least 2 years of experience in an equivalent position;
Experience on USAID-funded projects is highly preferred.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to workwith all levels and functions within the company.
Requires an ability to work independently and as part of a team, accept responsibility, and be extremely discrete with sensitive information.
Must also be able to foster supportive working relationship among all staff; Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office package, especially Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Word.
Fluent in Arabic, excellent English speaking and writing skills.
Highly organized individual able to pay close attention to detail.
Ability to work as a member of a team of professionals in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply no later than Tuesday May 8, 2018
To be considered applicants must submit the following to
- Cover Letter explaining why you are interested and qualified for this position.
- CV in reverse chronological format
- A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference. Cover Letter explaining why you are interested and qualified for this position.
- Salary history for the past three years.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are included in the email, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all its operations - in the U.S and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women, youth, people with disabilities and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Description and Specifications
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.