Work with UHWC in MSF Departments
Overview of UHWC
UHWC is NGO leading Palestinian knowledge-based community healthcare organazation established in 1985, contributing to community empowerment in healthcare and promoting the comprehensive concept in the Gaza Strip.Its members are gathering a healthy vision for our slogan , "Health Service is a right to whoever needs it". UHWC is achieving community health empowerment and promoting the comprehensive healthcare concept through capacity development; primary; and tertiary healthcare; culture and health, and community health communication and advocacy programs.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association.
Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
Title: LABORATORY SUPERVISOR
Position in the Organization
Planning, organizing and carrying out laboratory activities and supervising the laboratory staff according to MSF protocols, security measures and hygiene standards, in order to support the MSF medical team in the diagnosis of patients’ disease
- Participating in the project planning and follow-up and reviewing the laboratory budget when necessary in order to support MSF’s medical activities.
- Ensuring the compliance of MSF hygiene and safety protocols, both individually and collectively as well as informing staff of existing biological risks.
- Performing laboratory tests and carrying out sample collection (serology, hematology, biochemistry, bacteriology, parasitology ...) in accordance with prescriptions as well as ensuring that quality control tests are carried out regularly. Informing the doctor of the results of the tests and keeping a record of the analysis with data from patients.
- Ensuring proper management (cleaning, maintenance, arranging) of all laboratory equipment and the adequate supply of needed equipment and material in order to prevent stock-outs. This includes being responsible for all required automatic instrument calibration, ensuring that no material is taken out of laboratories without prior authorization and carrying out a proper storage system and conditions, inventory, etc. In cooperation with logistics department, ensuring that cold chain is properly maintained in Laboratory areas for both, samples and reagents.
- In the absence of a Laboratory Manager, ensuring proper registration and needs of all lab related activities and implementing a correct use of the associated management tool (EpyTryp. Etc.) in order to have a proper recording of laboratory activities. Preparing and sending slides/samples for external quality control .
- Supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, coaching, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained. Ensuring cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols. Reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service.
- Producing regular reports on the testing and on any issues / problems related to laboratory personnel and / or the material used.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Validate all microbiology laboratory results.
- Works in close collaboration with the Antibiotic Stewardship, the Nursing Activity Manager and IPC Manager.
- Ensures the data collection in WHONET
- Manages the reparation of monthly laboratory statistical reports and his communications to related services
- Collaborates with Medical Coordinator and MSF referents for the preparation of activity reports
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Essential Degree; Master in Microbiology, Bachelor in Medical Laboratory is an asset.
- Essential 2 years of relevant professional experience in bacteriology services preferably in a hospital. Experience as a Laboratory Technician in hospital set up.
- Strong competencies in antibiograms analysis and identification of resistance mechanisms.
- Desirable in MSF or another NGO, desirable in a clinical laboratory, Experience in training is an asset.
- Local language and mission language essential
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Stress management
تقديم طلبات التوظيف إلكترونياً عبر الرابط https://forms.gle/PRoR6SZxgX6NU3Vg8
تقديم الطلبات ابتداءً من الاثنين 24/06/2021 حتى نهاية يوم الاثنين الموافق 02/07/2021.
سيتم الطلب من المطابقين إحضار الأوراق الثبوتية التالية: سيرة ذاتية باللغة الانجليزية- صورة الهوية – شهادة جامعية في التخصص- كشف الدرجات –شهادات الخبرة – شهادة الثانوية العامة –مزاولة المهنة-صور شخصية ( أصل وصورة لكل الأوراق).