Internship – Media & Communication – Gaza
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Oxfam is seeking a paid intern to support our Media & Communication team on the following tasks:
- Support in conducting media interviews with Oxfam beneficiaries and projects’ stakeholders.
- Support in networking and coordination with Oxfam partners to organize field visits and follow up on potential program stories.
- Scripting media interviews and provide translation from Arabic to English when needed.
- Support in following up the documentation progress with service providers for multiple Oxfam programs in Gaza.
- Support the media and communication capacity building session in terms of coordination and needed logistics.
- Support the production process of learning and educational communication products through close coordination with media service providers and partner/s and provide creative inputs for relevant scripts when needed.
- Ad hoc tasks as necessary including implementation of comms activities and general admin support to the team.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University degree in journalism, graphic design and/or any related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in Arabic and English.
- Experience of producing high quality written and audio-visual materials.
- Professional communications skills, gained within a journalism/PR environment.
- Excellent networking and negotiation skills to develop good working relationships within Oxfam and partners.
- Ability to think and operate strategically and creatively.
- Understanding of gender issues and commitment to promoting gender equity.
- Proven experience of using MS Office applications (Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Multimedia and/or website management skills are highly desirable.
The Intern is expected to work for 3 months, Working hours and schedule to be agreed.
This intern will be paid to cover daily costs. Average pay is between 300-500 USD per month.
Interested candidates should send their CVs with an expression of interest to [email protected] by no later than Aug 22nd 2020. Internship is scheduled to start ASAP at a date to be mutually agreed.