UNESCO: Request for Consultancy
Training on Inclusive Education
Deadline for submission: 25 March 2019
Assignment finalization period: 28 March - 20 May 2019
In support to the implementation of the Inclusive Education Policy which was adopted by the Ministry of Education and Higher Education (MoEHE) in 2014, UNESCO in partnership with the MoEHE are planning to expand its training on inclusive education to reach to around 30 schools (20 in West Bank and 10 in Gaza).
The selected consultant /organization shall carry out the tasks as shown below. Interested parties should provide, in their response to this call for consultancy, the proposed budget for each of two tasks:
- Implement the designed Inclusive Education training programme both in West Bank and Gaza, to ensure the best delivery of the training through the following activities.
- Conduct an inception meeting to clarify the structure of the agreed programme with the Ministry of Education and Higher Education and Master Trainers by 30 March 2019.
- Co-facilitate with Master trainers training 2 hour workshops of grades 1-4 teachers, 20 from each school on inclusive and child-friendly education in both West Bank (20 teachers x 20schools = 400) and Gaza (2 teachers x 10 schools=20) to be completed by 20 April 2019
- In close cooperation with the Master trainers, conduct awareness raising sessions on inclusive education with parents in the 20 targeted schools in West Bank and a combined session for the 10 schools in Gaza. Conduct a 2 hour awareness session with parents including presentation and Q&A to be completed by 25th of April
- In close cooperation with the Master Trainers, conduct 20 classroom observations in the 20 selected schools in West Bank to provide guidance on using child-centered approaches as a teaching method. To design and ensure a set questionnaire/template is completed for each observation as the reporting tool by each Master Trainer with collected data consolidated and analysed by the consultant for the final report.
- Cover the cost of transportation for Master trainers as well as light refreshments (juice and biscuits for the training at school level and a meal when meeting with the Master trainers for more than 2 hours). An amount of USD 3000 will be added to the contract for this purpose and based on actual numbers as reported in attendance sheets and signed handover sheets for any transportation allowances paid to out of town participants in the West Bank. Any unused balance is to be returned to UNESCO.
- Develop the necessary report template and tools needed for the data collection, reporting and classroom observations.
- Submit to UNESCO for review then approval a progress report by 30 April and final report by 20 May 2019 in English, a minimum of 5 pages long excluding annexes. Annexes to include key documents developed and proof of payment for the transportation and refreshments.
- All original completed source questionnaires and assessment forms from each master trainer, participant and the focus groups with parents are to be handed over to UNESCO.
Deliverables and guide budget:
Progress report due by 30 April including all supporting documents, USD2,000
Transportation for out of town participants only and refreshments expenses based on actual attendance
Due by 15 May 2019, USD3,000
Final report due by 20 May including all supporting documents, USD5,000
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and experience of interested organization/party
It is mandatory for the interested consultant/organization and any team members have the following qualifications and experience:
- Have a Master degree in inclusive education/special need education
- Five years of experience in conducting similar trainings
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in both English and Arabic languages
- Communication and management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Punctuality and commitment to meet deadlines
How to apply
By the deadline date of 25 March 2019, please submit ALL of the above via email to:
Including the subject: ED: Inclusive Education Policy
- Cover letter
- A proposal (2-3 pages) for the activity (including methodology, time-line and budget quoted in US dollars, according to the outputs/deliverables foreseen)
- CV’s of the consultant and any team members indicating prior experience in Inclusive education with references of prior similar assignments.
- Statement confirming that the consultancy or consultant holds a valid bank account in the name indicated on the bid document.
Incomplete or missing information or documentation and evidence of experience as requested above, may exclude you from further consideration.