Médecins du Monde (MdM) France is an International Medical Organization, which has been present in the occupied Palestinian Territory since 1995. It operates in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank through offices located in Jerusalem, Bir Zeit -Ramallah, Gaza and Nablus.
MDM is currently looking for qualified candidates to fill the position of:
Human Resources Manager – Bir Zait Base -Ramallah
Starting date: as soon as possible
Type: Full Time Contract
Duration: 1 Year Renewable
The HR Manager is responsible to supervise and centralize the human resources management at the Palestine mission level.
Human Resources (HR) Management
- Act as focal point for the implementation of the national MdM HR contractual framework based on MdM “Internal Regulation” and “Conditions of Engagement”.
- Act as focal point for the implementation of the MdM HR policies and its application to the national staff
- Act as focal point for the implementation and follow up of HR policies related to expatriates.
- Update regularly the mission organizational chart and clarify hierarchical and functional links, in line with the classification grid.
- Ensure that all staff, with particular focus to the managers and coordinators, are informed and trained about the existing policies as well as any HR policy change.
- Follow up and harmonize the necessary HR tools (such as HR database, recruitment guidelines, monitoring contracts; leaves; etc.) and supervise its implementation by all field teams.
- Supervise the monthly follow-up of HR tools (monthly statements, HR database, leaves of both national and expat staff, …)
- Supervise the administrative and payroll procedures which conform to local legislation (Jerusalem, West Bank and Gaza) and with MdM guidelines
- Supervise the signature & renewal of all the employment contracts with local staff, according to Palestinian/ Israeli law (Jerusalem) and to MdM rules and practices, respecting the agreed deadlines and ensuring proper filing.
- Supervise the payment of MdM employees on due time and of social contributions of MdM as an employer.
- Support his/her managers acting as a focal point for all HR related matters with MdM Lawyers.
- Act as focal point for any recruitment of new positions in MdM mission and guarantee the MdM policy’ respect
- Follow-up of the processes pertaining to visas, mission orders, ID cards, work permits of all national and international staff in Palestine.
- Act as focal point for the bookings of plane tickets and the organization of international trips for MdM staff in link with HQ
- Follow-up for a proper briefing of new HR or consultants as per MdM briefing regulations.
- Act as HR focal point for Administrative Managers in the bases providing them with the needed technical support acting as their functional link and visiting the MdM bases in regularly.
Technical Support & Capacity Building
- Act as focal point for the organization of briefing /induction of expats and national coordinators upon their arrivals.
- Act as a focal point for the HR team capacity building process.
- Enhance understanding of the staff through conducting awareness and training sessions and advisory when and where is required.
- Support his/er managers during the management of disciplinary cases in compliance with MdM Policies and Procedures, Protection policies in a dignified way.
- Support his/er managers ensuring that the HR staff is well trained, well informed and understand the HR policies, procedures and tools.
- Act as focal point for the development of the mission training plan collecting the training needs, requests and consolidating the training priorities with the support of the managers/coordinators.
- S/he assume a function of focal point for the information analysis and classification for all the Palestine mission, granting the implementation of the annual appraisal mechanism.
- Contribute to the update of “Welcome at MdM” document
- Contribute, if requested, to the proposal writing, and reporting related to HR aspects.
- Act as focal point for ensuring the uniformity in the understanding, knowledge and application of HR policies/procedures at mission level with the support of the General Coordinator.
- Ensure maintaining privacy and confidentiality, Impartiality and fairness.
- Ensure to keep track record of any d disciplinary process at mission level.
- Under request of his/her managers, s/he can be responsible for drafting of letters and reports, conducting investigations and disciplinary hearing and other relevant support required in this regard.
Communication, Reporting and Capitalization
- Conduct regular meetings with Coordinators and managers in relation with HR and capacity building process.
- Ensure the Human Resources (HR) Department regular meetings with the field teams.
- To contribute to the Monthly Report (Sit-Rep).
- Elaborate HR Reports and contribute to all other reports by providing relevant data related to his/her position.
- To provide the General Coordinator with a Mission Report and/or Handover document at the end of her/his assignment.
- Represent MdM in meetings with local authorities, upon request of the General Coordinator.
- Represent MdM towards partners with regards to HR issues together with the General Coordinator
- Report all representation in meeting records
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor Degree, Master Degree/Certification in Human Resources Management any other related diplomas
- At least 3 years’ relevant professional experience with INGO/Humanitarian Organization, in Human Resource Management at country level as HR Officer or above position is required .
- Experience with an INGO/Humanitarian Organization in Palestine is an asset.
- Experience in dealing disciplinary and PSEA cases.
- Experience in developing capacities of local staff will be preferred.
- Experience in negotiation and relationships with authorities in a challenging and difficult legal context
- Independence, ability to take the initiative and of responsibility.
- Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability, and capacity to take initiatives
- Ability to work quickly, under pressure, and with short and competing deadlines.
- Ability to draft concise and effective policies.
- Ability to manage priorities and to adapt them daily according to the context.
- Ability to train HR staff and managers on the job.
- Ability to work under stressful situation
- Good analysis, objective, able to take a step back and analyze
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Capacity to delegate and to supervise and coach the work and team(s)
- Ability to plan, organize and meet deadlines
- Ability to classify and to manage priorities
- Listening and diplomacy skills problem-solving skills
- Team spirit
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
Qualified applicants are invited to send their resume or CV and a one-page cover letter in English, by email to:
Please reference the job title as MdM-HR Manager -BZ -2023 in the subject line of your Email.
MdM recruits qualified individuals without distinction ethnic background or Gender.
Please note that MdM will contact only pre-selected candidates and by email, the position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
We thank all candidates for their interest to MdM.
Emails without the Post Title & Ref # will be neglected