Union of Health Work Committees – Al Awda Hospital - Gaza
Responsible for the implementation of the processing of reusable medical devices according to validated systematic process/procedures based on the updated standard sterilization protocols. Ensure the training and supervision of sterilization technicians and AAH staff according to protocols and universal hygiene standards in order to provide a safe environment and high quality health care.
- Responsible for the sterilization and registration of sterile surgical sets and medical devices
- Supervise the pre-disinfection, cleaning and disinfection of soiled medical devices
- Supervise the proper folding of surgical drapes, and gowns according to protocols
- Supervise the correct packaging of surgical sets, medical devices, and surgical drapes with double crepe paper
- Ensure that steam sterilization and/or “high” disinfection step by step process is correctly followed as indicated in the protocols
- Responsible for the respect of the working circuit of dirty, clean, and sterile within the service
- Responsible for the registration of sterilization cycles and devices undergoing “high level” disinfection
- Responsible for the proper storage and management of the sterilized/”high” disinfected devices
- Responsible for the proper cleaning and disinfection of working equipment and surfaces every end of shift
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the sterilization room and surroundings
- Responsible for overall compliance of IPC protocols.
- Run a monthly inventory of equipment and materials and timely fill up the monthly order request
- Guarantee the strict compliance of standard precautions
- Responsible for the general rules in the sterilization room
- Replace defective instruments
- Responsible for the storage and distribution of sterilized materials
- Give regular feedback to the line manager and report directly any issue or incident
- In order to ensure the coverage of the human resources needs and maintain high standards of quality, organize and coordinate the activities of team supervised (week’s schedule, annual leave, absences, etc.), communicate with the HR Admin department all relevant information in due time, evaluate performance, define and ensure the needs for training
- Perform hands on tasks as part of the team whenever required or needed in order to optimize the resources and to contribute with his/her knowledge and experience
- Participate in monthly reports according to guidelines.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Diploma in Nursing or 2 years’ experience in hospital sterilization
- 2 year experience in similar position
Essential: Arabic: oral and written
Essential: English: oral and written
Requested English level: Intermediate
Transversal Skills :
- Behavioral Flexibility
- Stress Management
- Planning and Organizing
- Initiative and Innovation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- People Management and Development
The Applicants should fill the application form at the Department of Management and Human Resources at the headquarters of the Union of Health Work Committees in Gaza – Al Nasser - Al Maqusi area – opposite Al Maqusi Mosque – 3rd floor, 2895987. The application should be included: CV, supporting documents, 2 personal photos, and “you should bring your Original Documents” to compare with the copies.
The last date for accepting applications is: Thursday 4 / 7 / 2019 at 2:00pm
Administration and Human Resources