Médecins du Monde (MDM) France is an International Medical Organization, which has been present in the Palestinian Territories since 1995. It operates in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank through offices located in Jerusalem, Gaza and Nablus.
MDM is currently looking for qualified candidates to fill the position of:
Starting date: November 2021
Type: Full Time Contract
Duration: Fix term Contract of 12 Months
The General Coordinator is responsible for the overall management of the MdM Palestine mission. She/He will co-design the MdM overall strategy in the occupied Palestinian territory (alongside the Desk manager in HQ and the RM) and provides leadership for the country program.
The General Coordinator will develop a fundraising strategy and ensure donors relations in oPt. She/He will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of quality programs, finalizing project documents and launch / supervise new projects in 2021-2022.
Hierarchical link: Desk manager based in Head Office
The General Coordinator is the direct line manager of the coordination team: 1 AdminLog Coordinator, 1 HR Coordinator, 1 Medical coordinator, 1 advocacy coordinator and 2 field coordinators (one managing Gaza office and team and the other one managing Naplous office and team). The coordination team is composed by expatriate and national staffs. The mission counts about 60 staff.
To coordinate, develop and implement the Mission strategy
- Lead the country strategy revision/update on a yearly basis after consultation with the team, the Desk manager and the RM.
- Lead the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of country programs, including the finalization of key project documents.
- Ensure the compliance of all implemented activities and programs with MdM strategy, principles and guidelines.
- Supervise all MdM operations in Palestine: Field visits, oversee work of teams, regularly evaluate progress of programmes in relation to planning and smooth running of activities.
- Support the Field coordinators for the daily implementation of the projects; where and when required, propose adjustments to and reorientation of programmes in relation to indicators and constraints identified in the field.
- Ensure good coordination between logistics, administrative (finance and human resources) and programme departments for a smooth implementation of all activities.
- Coordinate with HQ referent and support resources to ensure the qualitative program implementation in line with MdM values and principles
- Contribute to explore, establish and maintain partnership relations and collaboration with local authorities
- Participate in advocacy strategy and supervise the implementation of the advocacy action plan in relation with the Desk manager and the Advocacy Coordinator.
- Promote sustainability in MdM intervention and transfer to local partners
Team Management and Human Resources
- Manage a team (information, setting objectives, monitoring activities, approvingleave, recruitment, discipline, security, training, skills management)
- Plan and monitore activities and implement corrective action where necessary, providing support to the team
- Advise on, arbitration and supporting measures to be taken in the event of malfunctions and/or incidents
- Contribute to the briefing of new expats upon their arrival, oversee the smooth running of missions, ensure application and observance of internal regulations governing missions and of humanitarian code of ethics.
- Organize and lead regular coordination meetings
- Ensure that the Mission Organigram and allocation of Human resources is matching with the mission needs.
- Ensure consistency with Palestine labour laws in all HR issues including staff dismissal;
- Ensure that appropriate human resources / Ensure that appropriate legal issues are implemented and maintained legal issues, administrative, financial and logistics procedures are implemented and maintained in accordance with MdM rules and guidelines;
- Facilitate smooth communication between team members and holds conflict management duties when needed. Support Field coordinators in supervising the teams and in motivating staff, organizing work and resolving conflicts.
- Making sure that MdM Palestine guidelines and procedures are in line with MdM France HQ one’s and are updated regularly when needed.
To Manage the safety and security
- Responsible for the overall safety and security of MdM teams, sites and assets in Palestine and Israel.
- Undertake regular follow-up and propose analysis of developments in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the regional situation, with the support of the information provided by the provided by security focal points and other relavant staffExchange on a regular basis with the Desk manager, Security Officer in HQ and volunteer Head of Mission (or “RM”) regarding the possible evolutions of the local / regional context and the analysis of this evolution, particularly the possible impact on the mission.
- Conducte regular analysis of the context and security conditions, with a view to shape and adapts safety and security rules and communicate with HQ any significant changes/event/incident.
- Ensure the implementation of security rules and procedures, including providing briefings about safety and security when required, and ensure that they are maintained, updated and adhered to by the teams.
Administrative, Finance and Logistic Supervision
- Manage the Administrative and Finance and Logistic Coordinator, who receives technical back up from the finance/accounting department in Paris, to ensure compliance with donor procedures and national administrative and legal regulations and back up from Logistic advisor in HQ.
- Manage the HR Coordinator who receives technical back up from the Career development Officer in HQ to ensure HR compliance with donor procedures and legal regulations.
- Guaranty transparency of fund use and all programmatic expenditures.
- Give approval for expenses, based on donor procedures and MdM internal guidelines.
- Participate in the design and approval of new budget proposals for donors, preparation of annual budgets and monthly budget follow up analysis
- Oversee compliance with and respect for agreements and contracts.
- Supervise the process of renewing the MoU with the government if necessary.
- Ensure compliance with tax regulations and yearly audit recommendations if any.
- Ensure that appropriate logistics procedures are maintained in accordance with MdM rules and/or donor guidelines.
Support in the maintainance of high quality supply chain management.
Reporting and communication
- Lead preparation of reports and proposals for donors, makes sure that they are written in line with donor requirements.
- Ensure regular reporting to HQ (context analysis through monthly written co-ordination reports (SITREP), incident reports, regular e-mails and phone contacts).
- Relay relevant information from HQ to the Palestine teams, organises consultations and provides feedback when required.
- Liaise with Desk manager, RM and technical/thematic referent for regular updates regarding the mission to HQ team.
- Ensure implementation of the communication and testimony policy as defined in collaboration with the volunteer Head of Mission (or “RM”), the Desk manager and specialized departments in HQ. In this regard, supervise the work of the advocacy coordinator, and ensure a regular link with the Desk Officer and volunteer Head of Mission (RM).
- Upon request, is able to respond to media requests in the field, in link with the communication department in Paris HQ.
Representation, fundraising and networking
- Develop a fundraising strategy and exploring funding opportunities in country and networking with donors.
- Undertake pro-active donor prospection and propose alternative sources of funding for discussion with HQ, and inform HQ about the results. After discussion with Desk / DDI, be responsible for the implementation of the approved donor’s strategy in the field.
- Represent MdM to Local Authorities, International Donors, International Organisations, consulats and other NGOs; Responsible for the proper diffusion of MdM Palestine mission strategy in-country:
- Carry out negotiations with the authorities at different levels and other stakeholders to ensure compliance with agreements and contracts;
- Represent MdM with Palestinian authorities (Ministries, Institutions etc.) at a policy and decision- making level and ensure legal compliance of all actions undertaken by MdM-F in Israel/Palestine.
- Represent MdM in dealing with other NGOs, the inter-NGO coordinating body, AIDA, and its Humanitarian Steering Committee, and other coordinating committees. Attend to the relevant coordination meetings.
- Represent MdM-F towards the Israeli military authorities.
- Ensure good coordination with other MdM chapters present in Palestine
The list of missions is not exhaustive and may be changed to reflect developments and specific needs.
Conditions of the job:
- Base: Jerusalem with travels to West Bank and Gaza
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Training & Experience
- Higher education in project management, development or any relevant field (five years post-secondary education)
- Previous experience in a similar position
- Between three and eight years’ experience in project management depending on the configuration
- Strong experience in team management in a humanitarian organization
- Experience in public health programs
- Analyse the issues and challenges in the region
- Adapt language and feedback to the audience
- Work in partnership
- Communicate MdM values and positions
- Discuss, present arguments, negotiate and convince authorities and partners
- Analyse the context and the consequences of an intervention, assess the risks and constraints, and identify priorities
- Manage and follow a budget
- Prioritise and adapt plans to unforeseen events
- Identify the levers and barriers to advocacy work
- Understand national and regional strategies of donors, knows how to negotiate with donors and authorities
- Knowledge of financial and logistical tools
- Management skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Knowledge of Windows environment (Word, Excel...)
- Driving license (for manual cars) an asset
- Fluent in English (spoken and written) is a mandatory ;
- French an assets
المسمى الوظيفي General Coordinator
آخر موعد للتقديم 15 - Oct - 2021
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 5 Years
التصنيف الإدارة والأعمال
Qualified applicants are invited to send their resume or CV and a one-page cover letter in English, by email to: [email protected]
Please reference the job title as MDM/ GENCO /JER/2021 in the subject line of your Email.
Deadline for receiving the application is 15/10/2021
MDM recruits qualified individuals without distinction ethnic background or Gender.
Please note that MDM will contact only pre-selected candidates and by email, the position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
We thank all candidates for their interest to MDM
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة MDM France أطباء العالم – فرنسا