Internal/ External Advert
Gender & Protection Support Officer
40 hrs per week – 1 year
Estimated start date: ASAP
Based in Gaza
Deadline for Application: 31st May 2023
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
To provide technical support to the team in the implementation of the protection and gender components in Gaza Strip, Area C and East Jerusalem. The role will entail coordination with partners in the field in implementation of gender-sensitive protection activities as well as support to gender and protection research activities. The position holder will mainly focus on the implementation of the relevant activities under the GAC, DGD and ECHO projects.
For the detailed job profile please Click Here
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone who has:
- A university degree in social or political science, international relations, law or related fields, with a focus on humanitarian related fields or/and international human rights.
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in the area of protection/promotion of human rights, women’s and children’s, and/or rights under international humanitarian law and related areas
- Previous work experience -specifically in complex political and security environments; emergencies, preferably with international NGOs.
- Experience of community-based or community mobilisation work in a humanitarian context.
- Experience in the collection, analysis and interpretation of protection related information, including data base management tools.
- Proven ability to build effective, constructive working relationships with other agencies and national authorities and service providers.
- Good understanding of protection and gender issues in Area C, East Jerusalem and Gaza.
- Good levels of spoken and written English and Arabic
- Commitment to a rights-based approach, gender equality and protection
- Proven analytical skills
- Understanding of monitoring processes, learning, adaptation and evaluation.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural team
- Willingness to work in insecure environments and a high level of adaptability and initiative
- Knowledge of other sectors – WASH, food security, livelihoods, policy and advocacy.
- Experience in sensitive data ethics and management.
What we offer
The employee will be contracted by Oxfam with a competitive, fair and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. Basic salary starts as 104,787 ILS gross per annum, for a 40-hour contract. Salary offered will be subject to funding available and competences.
How to apply
Interested candidates can apply for the job application by clicking Here by no later than 31st May 2023.
Oxfam is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those that are suitable to work within our values are recruited to work for us.