Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please click here
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Purpose of the job:
To provide technical support to the project team in the implementation of the protection and gender components of the Saving Lives’ ( SL) projects in Gaza Strip. The role will combine management and coordination with partners in the field in implementation of gender-sensitive protection activities as well as support to gender and protection research activities.
Programme Quality: (80%)
- Provide technical support on conducting new assessments, and applying Monitoring , Evaluation, Accountability and Learning MEAL tools to be used by the team to ensure that relevant information is being collected to inform implementation, to ensure accountability and learning as well as quality donor reporting.
- Support the technical teams in designating the vulnerability targeting criteria and dissemination to communities, and local authorities.
- Ensure follow up to the existing referral system for Oxfam and partners target populations in line with sectoral best practice and ethical guidelines linking with any already present protection referral system already in place.
- Support the SL Manager by providing technical input in response to protection funding opportunities in concept notes and proposals including, protection mainstreaming and detailed activity description, logic framework and MEAL plans.
- Design or identify tools for tracking the implementation for all protection and gender activities – implemented under SL Programs- to ensure that possible problems affecting the quality of programmes are flagged and resolved in due time.
- Monitor protection issues of all populations in areas of operation to inform Oxfam programs/projects.
- Coordinates activities with WASH and FSL and other SL teams to ensure integration of protection and gender aspects in programme activities.
- Supports and coordinate with MEAL Officer for baseline survey, post-distribution and other monitoring activities.
Capacity Building of Staff and Partners (10%)
- Providing technical support to partners and Oxfam staff to ensure Oxfam approach to protection is implemented effectively and in line with key standards and principles.
- Provide regular coaching to Oxfam’s teams and partners in the field.
External Representation, Coordination and Influencing (10%)
- Participate in Oxfam’s internal protection and gender meetings.
- Represent Oxfam in the Protection Cluster.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- A university degree in social or political science, international relations, law or related fields, with a focus on humanitarian related fields or/and international human rights.
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in the area of protection/promotion of human rights, women’s and children’s, and/or rights under international humanitarian law and related areas
- Previous work experience -specifically in complex political and security environments; emergencies, preferably with international NGOs.
- Experience in the collection, analysis and interpretation of protection related information, including data base management tools.
- Proven ability to build effective, constructive working relationships with other agencies and national authorities and service providers.
- Good understanding of protection and gender issues in Gaza Strip.
- Good levels of spoken and written English and Arabic
- Proven analytical skills
- Understanding of monitoring processes, learning, adaptation and evaluation.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural team
- Willingness to work in insecure environments and a high level of adaptability and initiative
The employee will be contracted by Oxfam with a competitive, fair and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. Salary range 92,826– 117,180 ILS gross per annum, for a 40 hour contract. Salary offered will be subject to funding available and competences.
How to apply
Interested candidates can apply for the job application by clicking Here by no later than January 6th 2021.