Shaping a stronger Oxfam for people living in poverty
Oxfam in OPT
Gender Justice Program Officer
12 months Fixed term
Deadline for Application 1st January 2023
- Oxfam in OPT is looking for a Gender Justice Program Officer that will be a member of the OPT Gender Justice team, PO will contribute towards achieving Oxfam’s Occupied Palestinian Territory (OPT) Country Strategy objectives, and achieving the Gender Justice Program objectives, in addition to lead on the implementation of the assigned Gender Justice Projects in OPT.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Looking for the following experiences :
- Advanced academic degree in development studies, social sciences, law or related field, specialization in gender and/or Women’s studies.
- At least 5 years of work experience in the field of development & humanitarian cooperation preferably with an I/NGO in similar contexts.
- At least 5 years of work experience in Gender Justice programmes/projects.
- Extensive knowledge on gender and SRHR in conflict and crisis affected contexts.
- Knowledge of the context in OPT, more specifically civil society context.
- Commitment to a rights-based approach and gender equality, women's rights and feminist thought.
- Solid understanding of gender concepts and latest developments in Gender Justice policy and practice and proven experience in using different gender analysis frameworks and tools.
- Experience in organisational analysis & partnership with local civil society organizations, grant management, program development and monitoring, evaluation and learning to support the program development.
- Extensive experience with donor contract management with complex coordination and reporting structures/processes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage workflows and balance competing priorities.
- Proven experience of successful capacity building.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent level of spoken and written in English and Arabic.
Interested to learn further about the role , read full job profile and how your skills may fit the profile we are looking for?
Are you interested in applying for the position? Please check out the link below :
External Applicants : https://bit.ly/3WuNadE
Internal Applicants : https://bit.ly/3YsrVLz
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please click here
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us
Oxfam is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those that are suitable to work within our values are recruited to work for us.