GENDER ADVISOR – VOLUNTEER MANDATE
Through its mission, Oxfam is committed to promote the well-being of children, youth, women and men. Oxfam has a zero-tolerance policy towards any behavior that violates its code of conduct, including sexual harassment, exploitation, and abuse, as well as lack of integrity, corruption and fraud.
To do so, Oxfam will ensure to recruit candidates who demonstrate the same values as the organisation and expects that everyone already working in the organisation shares and embody this commitment already.
Oxfam-Québec is implementing the Voluntary Cooperation Program (VPC) entitled “Equality in Action” working in close collaboration with Oxfam teams in the countries of intervention. This program will take place over a period of seven years (2020-2027) in about ten countries in Africa, the Middle East, and Latin America.
The VCP aims to increase the performance of local partner organizations in developing countries in implementing inclusive, innovative, and sustainable development initiatives that will advance gender equality. Oxfam’s role is to support civil society organizations (CSOs) working with the most vulnerable and marginalized people to claim and exercise their rights. The knowledge, capacity and expertise of the qualified volunteers will be leveraged through short and long-term assignments with local partner organizations.
The VCP will be articulated within Oxfam's Country Strategy while ensuring compliance with Oxfam-Québec's contractual agreements with its donors.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
In close collaboration with the Oxfam team members in the country of intervention, the Gender Advisor will be responsible to:
- Provide technical advice and support to ensure that gender justice and women's rights are mainstreamed in the work of the VCP partners in OPT.
- In coordination with the Gender Justice team, provide technical advice and support to ensure gender justice is mainstreamed with partners beyond the VCP based on needs.
- Ensure that international standards on gender and gender-based violence (GBV) are taken into account in the planning and implementation of the VCP.
- Support partners and the VCP team in promoting safe programs for women and girls.
- Support the identification of women's rights organizations and feminist youth movements able to collaborate with Oxfam in the design and implementation of gender-sensitive programme and campaigns.
- Support documentation, knowledge management and learning exchange on gender from the perspective of disseminating initiatives targeting women's rights and women's transformative leadership.
- Develop tools, frameworks and resources to enable better gender integration into partner's programs.
- Identify successful gender equality practices in the project that can be showcased in publications, communication materials and conferences.
- Share and embody Oxfam’s commitment to a zero-tolerance policy against behaviour that violates the code of conduct, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse; intimidation; lack of integrity; corruption and fraud.
- Participate in development efforts in Canada during and after the mandate by contributing to the dissemination of the program, projects, partners, etc. through testimonials, life stories, photos, quotes, etc.
- Have Canadian citizenship or permanent residence in Canada, or citizenship of a country in the Middle East other than OPTI.
- University degree in gender or feminist studies.
- At least three (3) years of relevant work experience in gender related project management approaches.
- Excellent knowledge of Middle East context.
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated reasonable tolerance to risk and to uncertainty context.
- Training and workshop facilitation skills.
- Mastery of the Office suite.
- Excellent level of English, spoken and written (mandatory). Arabic (a great asset).
- Experience in international development (an asset).
- Adherence to Oxfam’s mission and values, including the promotion of equality between women and men.
- Living and housing allowances
- Medical and life insurance
- Volunteer Support Program
- Days off (20 days off/year for mandates of 12 months or more)
- Airline ticket home at the end of the mandate
- Access to various training courses
HOW TO APPLY
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted.
We accept applications on an ongoing basis. It is possible that the posting will end before the posted date. Please do not wait until the deadline to apply.
If you are interested in the position, please send your application (CV and cover letter in the working language of the country: French, English or Spanish) by clicking on the button below.