This is a 12-month mandate in Jerusalem, Occupied Palestinian Territory/Israel.
The mandate is under the Equality in Action Volunteer Cooperation Program (VCP), which takes place in 14 countries and 3 regions over a seven-year period (2020-2027). The VCP aims to increase the involvement of local partners in developing countries in inclusive, innovative and sustainable development initiatives that will advance gender equality. Oxfam's role is to support these organizations, working with the most vulnerable and marginalized people, to claim and exercise their rights. Oxfam places the rights of women, girls, and vulnerable and marginalized people at the heart of everything we do.
Here's what your daily life will look like:
In close collaboration with Oxfam's in-country team members, your mandate will be to:
- Assess the needs of Oxfam's partners and support them in developing strategies that will allow them to vary and increase their funding sources.
- Develop a donor mapping for the Occupied Palestinian Territory and build partner capacity in mapping, information gathering, and opportunity identification and funding mechanisms.
- Accompany partners in planning, pre-application preparation and support them in submitting gender-sensitive calls for proposals by ensuring a consultative process.
- Organize knowledge-sharing activities (seminars, training workshops, etc.) on the development of project proposals, financial reporting and narratives that comply with donor policies, procedures and requirement
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
For this mandate you must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or have permanent resident status in Canada;
- Have university degree in business administration or economics or other relevant field;
- Be fluent in English, spoken and written (required);
- Have 3 years of experience in developing calls for proposals and knowledge of donors in the humanitarian or development sector;
- Have a good understanding of the socio-political context in the Middle East and a good tolerance for uncertainty;
- Master the Office suite.
What we offer:
- Monthly allowance for living expenses;
-20% increase in living allowance for an accompanying child (maximum of 2 children).
- 1,500$ CAN per year/per child for schooling.
- Monthly amount for rent;
- Round trip flight with 2 checked luggage;
- Round trip flight for accompanying child(ren).
- 200$ CAD for additional luggage;
- Advantageous medical insurance for you and the accompanying child(ren);
- A volunteer support program during your mandate and up to two months after your return to Canada;
- 20 days of vacation and other holidays;
- Access to various training courses (E-Learning, etc.);
- A rewarding experience with a well-known and recognized organization.
Oxfam has a zero-tolerance policy against any behavior that violates its code of conduct, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, as well as lack of integrity, corruption and fraud.
To do this, Oxfam will ensure recruiting people who demonstrate and embody the same values.
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted.
We accept applications on an ongoing basis. It is possible that this posting ends before the posted date. Please do not wait until the deadline to apply.
If you are interested in the mandate, please send your application (CV and cover letter in the working language of the country: French, English or Spanish) by clicking on the button below.