Terms of References (ToRs) For Supporting Agro-Food SMEs
in develop the Manufacturing Process
Small Enterprise Center (SEC) Association is a Palestinian non-profit organization that started in 2002 as a project within the framework of a former GIZ Private Sector Development Program. In 2008, SEC has been officially registered as an independent non-profit organization governed by the Palestinian Law of Charitable Associations and Community Organizations No.1 for the year 2000. SEC began with an office in Ramallah and has grown to be a leading national organization serving Palestinian Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) and social enterprises (including cooperatives). Currently SEC is implementing phase-II of the project “Agro-processing in Palestine -Supporting SMEs and Entrepreneurship for Youth” in partnership with DROSOS FOUNDATION. Under this project scope, SEC is looking forward to support selected participating SMEs operating in agro-food sector in developing their manufacturing process. The professional expert task includes: developing agro processed food products, improving products recipes, improving shelf-life, and improve the production process.
Developing the production process of the SEMs is considered as a necessary step in strengthening the SMEs competitiveness in the local and regional markets. Consequently, this will reflect positively on the company’s sales, and thus profit.
SEC and DROSOS FOUCNDATION is seeking offers from suitably qualified resource person/s to assist SEC and SMEs to solve the problems encountered in the manufacturing process.
The specific objectives of this TORs are to undertake the following tasks:
- Identify gaps in the production process of each company
- Provide technical advice to overcome the identified problem
- Develop proper documents to improve the shelf-life, production process, etc.
The below table shows the list of companies, locations, specific objective, and specific products and estimated level of efforts required to achieve the tasks.
3.0 Scope of work:
The expert will work closely with SEC staff and SMEs to develop the manufacturing process of the aforementioned companies (SMEs), during the assignment period.
The expert/s shall support the SMEs to develop their production / manufacturing process, to increase the product/s shelf-life, and to develop recipes. The consultancy shall cover, but not limited to the following aspects:
- Develop a food manufacturing procedure
- Develop a professional document regarding the manufacturing of product development
- Provide all needed training and information that related to product development to SMEs.
The contract will be signed between SEC and the expert(s). The followings are the expected deliverables from the expert/s:
- Inception report;
- Meetings with SEC staff
- Develop Brief Gap assessment report for each company to identify key issues that are leading to the identified problems
- Develop manufacturing procedures report on targeted products for each SME that ensures the desired quality and expected shelf life.
- Final development report for each SME after incorporating all comments and recommendations of SMEs and SEC staff
- Deliver specific coaching and training for each SMEs based on the needs
- Receive a written approval from each SME that they are satisfied of the consultancy
- Develop a final narrative report.
The language of all reports shall be in Arabic and reports in English
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
5.0 Qualifications and Work Experience of the Expert
It is expected that the expert that will develop the product development shall provide the following expertise:
- At least a master’s degree in food processing, food engineering or a related discipline
- At least 8 year working experience in technical or research position
- At least 3 years of experience in providing such services to beneficiaries
- Provide list of references for similar assignments
- LinkedIn profile link if exists
7.0 Duration of Appointment:
The expected level of effort of the expert is around 16 working days, within two months’ time are foreseen for developing products from signing the contract.
8.0 Logistic Support for The Expert by SEC
SEC will provide information, and documents on SMEs. The expert will be responsible for covering the transportation costs, coordinating with SMEs, other costs might occur due to the assignment.
9.0 Deadlines for Submitting CVs and Technical and Financial Offers
The deadline for submitting CVs, and Technical and Financial offers by latest DEC 15, 2020 at 16:00 PM.
Kindly send the offers to SEC email: [email protected]