Name of Project: Operation of the Business Centre at JAIP to advance and innovate productive sectors of Palestine
Small Enterprise Center (SEC) Association is a Palestinian non-profit organization that was founded in 2002. In 2008, SEC was officially registered as an independent non-profit organization governed by the Palestinian Law of Charitable Associations and Community Organizations No.1 for the year 2000. SEC is a leading national organization serving Palestinian Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) and social enterprises (including cooperatives) over Palestine where Gaza Office has started provision of business development services for MSMEs since 2008.
SEC is currently an implementing partner of the project “Operation of the Business Centre at JAIP to advance and innovate productive sectors of Palestine”, in partnership with UNDP’s Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People (UNDP/PAPP) and The Palestinian Investment Promotion and Industrial Estate Agency (IPIEA). The project focuses on the establishment and operationalization of a Palestinian Business Prosperity Centre (PALPRO) at Jericho Agro-Industrial Park (JAIP) aiming at supporting MSMEs and mature startups with growth potential in their business development and market opportunities in Palestine and abroad. The project is funded by the Government of Japan and shall be seen as a part of a larger programme aiming at enhancing JAIP’s position as a sustainable economic development model in Palestine by supporting and expanding Palestine's agricultural and food processing value chains and ensure high-leveled technology for environmental protection, conservation of energy and efficient management.
Under the scope of this project, SEC is looking forward to hiring a Field Coordinator to perform all required communication and outreach tasks for PALPRO to promote the project, its activities and results among beneficiaries, stakeholders, development partners and a wider audience, thereby increasing the impact and visibility of the project itself, while highlighting the results achieved and the partnerships created.
Work location: Jericho (with frequent visits to beneficiaries in the West Bank)
Type of contract: Full-Time (100%)- 5 days a week
Duration of contract: 6 months
Expecting Starting Date: October 1, 2022
Reporting lines: The Field Coordinator reports to the Project Coordinator
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
2.0 Objectives of the assignment
The Field Coordinator is needed to implement the project activities, the Field Coordinator will focus on the field visits for different clients and stakeholders and will be working closely with the Fab Lab experts, Food lab team and ICT and other applied research, the Project Coordinator will go through the master plan and divide responsibilities and tasks among all staff including the Business Development Specialists and the Communication Officer.
3.0 Job Description
The contracted officer will be working closely with the project staff on the below tasks/deliverables:
- Assist in the branding of the Centre;
- Support in events planning including all outreach activities, demonstration days, and open house events, and producing comms materials;
- Photography and videography from the field and from the Centre’s activities;
- Write success stories from the Centre;
- Support the capacity of partners and beneficiaries in their communications strategies;
- Providing general support for PALPRO
- Performing field visits and data collection
- Coordinating field work for business development specialists and project coordinator
- Oversee logistics
- Communicate with beneficiaries
- Conduct field visits and collect data
- Support project events and activities
- Support in collecting data used for measuring results
- Analysis collected data from the beneficiaries.
- Support in conducting events.
- Manage the communications between project management and beneficiaries.
- Weekly reports to the Project Coordinator.
4.0 Qualifications and Work Experience of the Candidate
It is expected that the candidate shall provide the following expertise:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Economics or a related field;
- At least 3 years of experience working in the SME’s
- Demonstrate ability to write reports;
- Demonstrate professional ability to meet deadlines;
- Demonstrate professional writing skills for reports and related materials in both Arabic and English;
- Demonstrate the ability to narrate complex data in a visually compelling manner;
- Have presence and access to all West Bank;
- Previous experience with development agencies is desirable;
- Strong planning and organizational skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (Team Player);
- Ability to work independently – with minimum supervision and guidance from supervisors;
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, and online applications);
- Highly committed, able to work under pressure, adapt to new situations, and meet deadlines;
5.0 Language Requirements
All reports and communication materials will be developed and disseminated in both Arabic and English. The candidate may be asked to provide translation services for certain content.
6.0 Duration of Appointment
The contract will be effective from the date of signing and will be in effect until the end of March 2023. The expected level of effort of the officer is 100% during the project period, which is reflected in 5 days per week. This assignment is required to start as soon as possible.
7.0 Working Arrangements
The duty station of this assignment is Jericho (with frequent visits to beneficiaries in the West Bank). The Field Coordinator reports to SEC Project Coordinator and PALPRO Centre Manager.
The Field Coordinator will have to work closely with all project officers from the different partner organizations in this project and maintain close interactions with stakeholders within and outside of the Centre including beneficiaries, governmental and development stakeholders.
8.0 Deadline for Applications
Interested candidates should submit their applications by 22 September 2022 at 16:00 PM (Palestine time).
- Cover Letter highlighting the candidate’s fit with the assigned role
All applications including the CV and Cover Letter, shall be submitted by email under the subject PALPRO Field Coordinator for the following email: [email protected]. Applications with missing information will be considered incomplete and will not be processed.
Note: Qualified female candidates, and candidates from Jericho are highly encouraged to apply.