RE-Advertisement - Finance Officer
War Child is an independent and impartial international non-governmental child rights organization investing in a peaceful future for children and young people affected by armed conflict. With a focus on child protection, mental health, and psychosocial support, we strive to empower children and young people, while enabling adults to bring about positive and lasting change in the lives of conflict-affected children and young people. War Child has been working in the oPt since 2004 and has offices in Jerusalem, Hebron, the Jordan Valley, and Gaza.
War Child is seeking a motivated Finance Officer who can fulfill the following Job description to join the organization.
Reporting to Head of Operations
Direct Reports N/A
Job Summary/ Scope of Work
The Finance Officer contributes to the effective and efficient implementation of the accounting processes and systems to enable program staff and other stakeholders to implement the War Child Programs. S/he ensures compliance with WCH and donor financial and administrative rules and that the accounting processes and systems are running effectively and efficiently.
S/he is responsible for assisting the Head of Operations in compliance with external donor financial and administrative requirements.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Job Responsibility 1: Handling Finance Operations
% 65 of time
- Perform data entry of the daily transactions on the accounting software.
- Review financial transactions and invoices to ensure they comply with the donors' and WCH regulations (Invoices, Contracts, Payments, Receipts, etc.).
- Prepare checks and transfers with follow-up on their execution and documentation.
- Support the Head of Operations in managing daily accounting operations including regular cash verification, bank and cash reconciliations, and monthly closing.
- Follow up closely on monthly payments and advances to Partners.
- Ensure that all bookkeeping/financial documents of partners and War Child are compiled and organized according to international auditing standards and donor and WCH standards.
- Maintain a filing system for the partners’ documents and daily accounting transactions.
- Support WCH partners in all financial aspects.
- Assess WCH partners' capacities in collaboration with the Program team and contributes to training when relevant.
- Monitor the operational/overhead part of the budget and advises on the allocation of expenses.
- Update the forecast of expenses in collaboration with the Program Manager.
- Review the monthly expenses allocated to projects and update BFUs.
- Review Financial reports from partners in collaboration with the Program team.
- Participate in the monthly Grant review meetings and presents the spending status of grants.
- Assist in preparations of new budgets.
Job Responsibility 2: Handling Administrative Operations
% 20 of time
- Keep track and monitor advances WCH staff.
- Comply with deadlines and reporting dates.
- Perform administrative tasks (photocopies, scanning/faxing documents).
- Assist in audit preparation, during an audit, and in implementation of the recommendations and findings.
- Perform other relevant tasks to the area of responsibility as appointed by the Head of Operations.
Job Responsibility 3: Partners' Capacity Building
% 10 of time
- Collaborate closely with partners to increase their financial capabilities in areas such as budgeting, reporting, and documentation.
- Conduct training sessions with partners as appropriate and follow up on financial concerns and donor requirements with designated partners.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to partners’ relevant staff based on the assessment of submitted reports to improve quality and accuracy.
Job Responsibility 4: Other duties as assigned
% 5 of time
- In the absence of the Head of Operations, provide support to the WCH team and partners.
- Perform any other relevant tasks within the Operations Department as assigned by the direct manager.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar position with an NGO/or INGO.
- Knowledge/ and experience working on main international humanitarian donor-funded programs.
- Experience in working in a consortium and with partners.
- Experience with training and capacity building in finance and administration.
- Strong computer skills, Microsoft office, especially Excel.
- Fluency in spoken and written Arabic and English.
- Cultural sensitivity.
- Attention to detail and cost-conscious.
- Team-work oriented.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Critical thinking and strong analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to training, capacity building, and collaboration with local organizations.
To apply please send your one-page letter of motivation and CV to [email protected] by July 6th, 2023, citing Finance Officer in the subject line.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“Commitment to the vision and goals of War Child Holland in oPt, including adherence to the Child Safeguarding Policy, is essential”