War Child is an independent and impartial international non-governmental child rights organization investing in a peaceful future for children and young people affected by armed conflict. With a focus on child protection, mental health and psychosocial support, we strive to empower children and young people, while enabling adults to bring about positive and lasting change in the lives of conflict affected children and young people. War Child has been working in the oPt since 2004, and has offices in Jerusalem, Hebron, the Jordan Valley, and in Gaza.
War Child seeks a motivated Finance Officer to join its team.
General Objective of the Job
The Finance Officer contributes to the effective and efficient implementation of the accounting processes and systems to enable program staff and other stakeholders to implement the War Child Programs.
Ensures compliance to WCH and donor financial and administrative rules for the files entrusted to him/her for follow up.
Ensures that accounting processes and systems are running effectively and efficiently. Responsible for assisting the Operations and Finance Manager in compliance with external donor financial and administrative requirements.
Position in the organization
The Finance Officer reports to the Operations and Finance Manager
Direct Reports: N/A at this time
Essential functional relations: Operations Department Staff, Head of Programs, Project Coordinators and implementation team, WC partners.
The Post is based in Jerusalem and willing to travel to West Bank and Gaza.
- Data entry of the daily transactions on the accounting software
- Checks expenses supporting documents eligibility (Invoices, Contracts, Payments, Receipts, etc)
- Prepares Checks and transfers with follow up on its execution and documentation.
- Follows up closely on monthly payments and advances to Partners.
- Ensures that all bookkeeping/financial documents of partners and War Child are compiled and organized according to international auditing standards and donor and WCH standards.
- Maintains a filing system for the partners’ documents and the daily accounting transactions
- Supports WCH partners on all financial aspects
- Assesses WCH partners capacities in collaboration with Program team and contributes to trainings when relevant
- Monitors the operational/overhead part of the budget and advises on allocation of expenses
- Updates the forecast of expenses in collaboration with the Program Coordinator
- Reviews the monthly expenses allocated to projects and updates BFUs
- Reviews Financial reports from partners in collaboration with Program Coordinators
- Participates in the monthly Grant review meetings and presents the spending status of grants he/she is following up on
- Assists in preparations of new budgets
Result: Finances are handled in such manner that all financial documents are done according to international auditing standards and donor and WCH standards
- Maintain a filing system for the partners’ documents and the daily accounting transactions
- Keeps track and monitors advances to partners and WCH staff
- Complies with deadlines and reporting dates
- Performs administrative tasks (photocopies, scanning/faxing documents)
- Takes on any other relevant task to the area of responsibility as appointed by the OFM
- Assists for Audits preparation, during audit and for implementation of audit recommendations findings
Result: Administrative tasks are handled in such a way that a filing system is in place, accurate and up to date.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Knowledge and Experience
Degree in Accounting or similar degree
4 to 5 years’ experience in similar positions with an NGO or INGO
Knowledge of and experience working on main international humanitarian donor-funded programs
Experience with working in a consortium and with partners is an added value
Experience with training and capacity building on finance and administration
Skills and Competencies
Very strong computer skills, Microsoft office, especially Excel
Fluency in spoken and written Arabic and English
Attentive to details and cost-conscious
Works well in a small team
Flexibility and adaptability
Critical thinking and strong analytical skills
Excellent management skills, teamwork, and flexibility
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Commitment to training, capacity building, and collaboration with local organizations
“Commitment to the vision and goals of War Child Holland in oPt, including adherence to the Child Safeguarding Policy, is essential”
المسمى الوظيفي Finance Officer
آخر موعد للتقديم 16 - Feb - 2021
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 4 Years
التصنيف المحاسبة والعلوم المالية
To apply please send your one page letter of motivation and CV to [email protected] by February 16th, 2021, citing “Finance Officer” in the subject line.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة War Child Holland منظمة أطفال الحرب الهولندية
Procurement and Logistics Officer
WPS Consortium Coordinator
Women Peace and Security Consortium Coordinator
22, Nov, 2020
18, Nov, 2020
Psychosocial Support Technical Officer - South
20, Oct, 2020
Psychosocial Support Technical Officer - North
20, Oct, 2020
Accountant and Operations Assistant
4, Apr, 2020
30, Jan, 2020