Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please click here
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Purpose of the job:
To support the finance team in all stages of operational financial management. Responsible for finance administration tasks. Supporting the implementation of organizational finance policies and initiatives, and maintaining organizational finance standards in all processes.
- To review, register and process procurement invoices and declarations, including seeking proper authorization and to arrange their processing and payment
- To support preparing the monthly payroll in coordination with the financial Administrator and HR.
- To carry out the administrative organisation of all data on payments and receipts of the office running costs, keeping records of all financial transactions.
- To manage cash transactions in the office and maintain contact with the bank and administration team regarding financial transactions.
- To calculate currency conversions and record cash movements;
- To assist in the preparation of financial reports
- To maintain financial records through filing, retrieval, retention, storage, compilation, coding, and updating
- To compile various financial documents, verify their accuracy, and ensure compliance with established procedures;
- To ensure that all financial registers related to Gaza are accurate and up to date
- Perform project data entry and updates in Oxfam’s systems when requested
- To perform any other relevant duty at the request of the line manager
- Eager and required to adhere to Oxfam’s principles and value as well as the promotion of gender justice and women's rights .
- Understanding of and commitment to adhere to equity, diversity, gender, child safety and staff health and wellbeing principles.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- Knowledge of basic accountancy theory and 2 years’ experience in a similar finance position
- Previous experience in accountancy, either in INGO, Local NGO or in private company.
- Computer skills – Word, Excel, use of the Internet, databases and email.
- Good communication skill
- Good spoken and written English
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude, and reliable in keeping confidentiality.
- Ability to work under pressure within the office, and prioritise routine and ad hoc tasks.
- Ability to work independently as well in a team in a multi-cultural working environment
- A strong commitment to Gender equality and Diversity issues.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible.
The employee will be contracted by Oxfam with a competitive, fair and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. Salary range 66,239– 92,735 ILS gross per annum, for a 40 hour contract. Salary offered will be subject to funding available and competences.
Interested candidates can apply for the job application by clicking Here by no later than December 14th 2019.