Post title: Filed Supervisor (full time 100%)
Duty Station: PAEEP Gaza office
Contract duration: From hiring date till end of year 2020
Reports To: Projects Manager
Starting date: ASAP
PAEEP is a community based and non-governmental association. PAEEP works to enhancing the resilience of marginalized groups and enabling them to participate in the development process as well as the environmental and health decisions making.
PAEEP in a partnership with Secours Islamique France” SIF (the project donor ) will implement a project, entitled “Improve Water Resources through Grey Water Treatment for Agriculture and Demotic use -Phase II”, which aims at contributing to enhance wastewater management for sustainable resource and recycling. PAEEP and SIF are highly committed to the core humanitarian standards, protection principles and gender equity. PAEEP is seeking for qualified and experienced Field Supervisor to implement the project key activities. S/he will be reporting directly to the Project Manager and work on all project activities.
The Field Supervisor shall be responsible for:
- Assessments/ surveys
- Participate in planning, designing and implementing assessments of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene promotion (WASH) risks, tools, and needs for communities and targeted beneficiaries.
- Conduct field survey means, e.g., focus group discussions and key informants interviews, to gather specific information on knowledge, attitudes and Practices (KAP).
- Participate in household surveys and other assessments as required.
- Participate in selection of beneficiaries using data collection tools or other tools.
- Project/community mobilization
- Participate in developing selection criteria of targeted beneficiaries.
- Encourage and motivate the community to participate in WASH activities.
- Liaise with community groups or key informants to ensure sustainability of WASH interventions.
- Implementation of Grey Water Treatment Units (GWTU)
- In collaboration with the SIF project team, supervise the contractor who will install GWTUs at Beneficiaries’ households in the way that suits their needs.
- In collaboration with the SIF project team and contractor, observe the GWTUs operation after installation.
- In collaboration with the SIF project team, follow-up the 100 grey water units that implemented in phase-I in 2019.
- Conduct regular field visits to the beneficiaries.
- Implement any related tasks or activities requested by the line manager.
- Coordination and communication
- Liaising with the Project Manager (PM) to ensure project activities are effectively and efficiently implemented as previously planned.
- Communicate findings and coordinate activities with SIF project team
- Participate in organizing information meetings, workshops and training with community members to develop their knowledge in WASH techniques in general and build their capacities in operating and maintaining the GWTU in particular.
- Participate in establishing and forming local committees (if needed) and follow up their tasks and responsibilities.
- Accountability to Communities and Beneficiaries:
- Carry out the project activities with commitment to the core humanitarian standards.
- Represent PAEEP and adhering to the general values and principles of the association and avoid any cultural or social sensitivities.
- Ensure all relations with the communities we work are conducted in a respectful and consultative manner. Due attention must be paid to ensuring that communities are adequately consulted and informed about PAEEP and SIF project objectives, activities, beneficiary selection criteria, and methodologies.
- Ensure that appropriate measures are in place to protect beneficiaries against GBV and other abuse, especially children from any form of exploitation or harm throughout the project’s activities.
- Ensure that project Field Teams have clean records on child abuse and child related violations/crimes.
- Promote feedback / complaint handling mechanism among the beneficiaries according to SIF complaint /feedback system.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Academic and Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Sociology, Community development, or other related field.
- At least 2 year of professional experience in the same field, preferably with experience in working with NGOs.
- Experience in WASH projects with proven experience in supervising field operations.
- Good report writing skills is an asset.
- Ability to work in different environmental conditions.
- Good command in English is desirable.
- Experience in working with people at risk of social exclusion and/or with disadvantaged communities.
- Additional experience in dealing / closely working with beneficiaries is preferred.
- Very Good knowledge of Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritizes workload and multi-task.
- Integrity and strong identification with PAEEP Core Values.
Candidates with experience are encouraged to apply for this position. CV in English including the names and contact details for three references, are to be submitted by email to [email protected]
Please ensure that you state the title of the post that you are applying for as subject of your email.
CLOSING DATE: 08/06/2020