Palestine Association for Education and Environmental Protection (PAEEP) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization. PAEEP aspires to alleviate the suffering of Palestinians, particularly those in the Gaza Strip and West Bank, and contribute to the long-term socioeconomic, environmental, and cultural development of the Palestinian society. PAEEP also strives to protect the health and sustainability of the environment.
PAEEP, in a partnership with Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe (DKH), a German emergency aid organization, is implementing a project titled “Enhancing access to basic needs and livelihood for the conflict-affected population in Gaza.” This project targets 170 households benefitting from the Ministry of Social Development (MoSD) Palestinian National Cash Transfer Program (PNCTP), while 50 out of 170 will also be selected for livelihood grants. Beneficiaries has been selected from various areas of the Gaza Strip. The 170 beneficiary households are being provided with monthly value of the difference between the provided cash amount from the PNCTP and the MEB transfer value defined by the Gaza Cash Working Group (CWG) based on their family sizes over a period of ten months.
PAEEP seeks a female Business Management Specialist (BMS). This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
Number: 1 position (female)
Duration: 6 months with possibility of extension
Start date: 01/October/2022
Roles/ Responsibilities of Business Management Specialist
- Develop relationships with the 50 benefiting HHs to foster their capacities in business management and assess their needs, constraints, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Supervise the establishment of 50 small scale business projects, provide networking opportunities if possible, and assess the progress of the establishment of the businesses.
- Conduct home-based or/and business location visits to 50 small established business projects and hold meetings with beneficiaries to provide ongoing mentorship and coaching.
- Assess the needs for additional vocational training amongst members of the 50 selected beneficiary HHs.
- Support PAEEP in selecting and coordinating with the vocational training centers responsible for providing beneficiaries with vocational capacities.
- Conduct field visits for beneficiaries inside vocational training centers.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s in engineering, administration, and or any social studies degree plus 2 years of experience in business management processes,
- Proven ToT training on small business management and developing business plans and feasibility assessment.
- Experience working with non-governmental organizations with high understanding of working in such environments.
- Prior experience working on business plans development and establishment projects with marginalized groups.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are required.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please send your CV including 3 valid references for your last positions related, to email address [email protected] no more than 13/09/2022.