Rural Women’s Development Society (RWDS) is a Palestinian non-governmental organization working in the occupied West Bank and Gaza Strip. Founded in 1987 as the women’s group within the Palestinian Agricultural Relief Committees (PARC), RWDS is now independently registered with the Palestinian Authority under RA-287-C.
RWDS has a strong and respected grassroots presence in rural communities with 3000+ women members in a network of 58 women’s clubs. Our unique structure, geographic breadth and large core of dedicated, grassroots volunteers distinguish RWDS from other Palestinian women’s organizations.
We advance the rights of rural women by creating an empowering and supportive environment for them in their local communities through the clubs, highlighting their invaluable contributions to Palestinian society, and designing innovative projects in 3 program areas: Economic Empowerment, Political and Social Participation, and Violence Prevention. We use education, community participation and mobilization, skill-building, and advocacy as tools to develop women into strong, committed, and capable leaders.
RWDS seeks to hire a field officer to coordinate the work of the project titled “Enhancing the livelihoods and production capacities of rural women and increasing job opportunities for young women in various areas within the West Bank” for a duration of one year funded by Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ).
- Implement all the activities that are directly related to the project based on the project’s work-plan.
- Participate in developing action-plans for the project.
- Reflect the action-plans and their goals through the different activities of the project.
- Prepare and write all reports related to the field visits and donor requirements and submit to the Project Manager.
- Prepare project periodic reports as required by GIZ and submit to the Project Manager for finalization and sharing with GIZ.
- Participate in assessing and evaluating the different activities of the project.
- Participate in developing ideas and suggestions in relevance to the project.
- Participate in the developmental planning and the strategic suggestions related to the project.
- Periodic review of all action-plans and making sure the activities are well-implemented and in line with the log frame and outcomes of the project
- Prepare the financial documents related to the project in coordination with the finance staff.
- Other tasks that could be asked from the Project Manager for the general interest of the project.
Technical Skills, Experience & Preferences
- Around 5 years of experience in field coordination.
- Academic background in business management, development, economics, agricultural engineering and other related fields.
- Coordination experience in the field of Agricultural value chains, food processing work with cooperatives, development and cooperation with civil society, international organizations, community-based organizations and donors
- Knowledge of the issues in the Palestinian context
- Fluency in English and Arabic are essential (written and spoken).
- Experience in using Microsoft software packages, particularly Word and Excel.
- Professional commitment, confidentiality and team work abilities
- The candidate should be from the northern parts of the West Bank
- The contract is for a period of 11 months and could be extended based on performance and donor project extension.
- The applicant should be able to start as soon as January 2019.
Please submit your C.V and expression of interest letter showing your relevant skills and experience not later than December 25th, 2018 to [email protected].