Save the Children is seeking a qualified candidate to fulfil the following vacancy in its Gaza Field Office:
The role: The Field Office Manager role is to ensure efficient management of the Gaza Field Office through developing and achieving the field specific objectives in line with organizational objectives, mission and values. The Field Office Manager will ensure effective management of programs, support functions, and Human Resources. The Post holder is a member of the SMT and contributes to strategy development, programme development, representation of the programme, manage engagement with humanitarian architecture, and ensures positive relationships with all relevant authorities and duty bearers.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Oversee the management of all programmes in Gaza, ensuring that programmes are delivered according to grant agreement requirements and Save the Children standards.
- Ensure that activities are appropriately planned and resourced and that progress is systematically monitored against targets.
- Ensure that internal and donor reporting is of high quality, timely and informs managerial and strategic decision making.
- Ensure appropriate budget allocation and expenditures.
- Maintain an oversight of the humanitarian situation on the area of responsibility ensuring that programme strategy, development and implementation is orientated to need and that gaps are addressed.
- Management of relationship with local implementing partners (national Palestinian NGOs – approximately 10).
- Contribute effectively in developing the contingency plans, Advance Preparedness Action (APA) and Early Actions ensuring the field office is at the highest degree of preparedness and in line with SCI standards.
- Act as Deputy Team Leader Category III level emergencies and Deputy Operation Team leader in Category II level emergencies in Gaza.
- Ensure effective coordination and communication flow between departments (thematic and support) to ensure efficient programme delivery and a constructive and supportive working environment.
- Ensure that logistics, HR and finance procedures are implemented in line with Save the Children policies and that supply chain, recruitment and personnel, and financial processing are managed effectively.
Programme Design and Development:
- Contribute to project design ensuring that new proposals are responsive to the target communities and children’s needs in the field.
- Contribute to programme design ensuring that design and implementation is aligned with the CO strategy, and regional and global priorities.
- In close coordination with Project Managers, Technical Advisors and Programme Development & Quality (PDQ) to improve the quality of programming that shows impact on the situation of children. Ensure the successful roll out of quality improvement programmes and benchmarks and accountability framework.
- Help respond to opportunities to expand programmes/impact. Help draft/develop concept papers and proposals with staff, Programme Managers, and other Technical Advisors as requested.
- Help staff build on synergies and integration among all projects.
- Support the development/evolution of existing programmes, with the aim of ensuring that staff has the capacity to support others (local partners and government counterparts) in the implementation of quality programmes that show impact.
- Support staff in the preparation and implementation of advocacy and communications plans as related to their programmes.
Field Office Management and External Relations:
- Maintain clear overview of all dimensions of the local context and ensure effective safety management on field sites.
- Represent Save the Children in cluster/inter agency meetings and at Governorate level meetings with government officials.
- Support and represent Save the Children in coordination, programme learning and capacity building vis-a-vis national policy/advocacy and strategy planning initiatives as requested by supervisor.
- Ensure all staff in the Field of Operations adheres to the safety guidelines.
- Support Save the Children visitors to the Gaza Field office and programmes.
- Ensure that logistics, HR and finance procedures are implemented in line with Save the Children policies and that supply chain, recruitment and personnel and financial processing is managed effectively.
- Ensure that adequate premises and resources are available for efficient programme implementation in the field of operations.
Human Resources Management:
- Manage team, define expectations, provide leadership and technical support as needed, and evaluate direct reports regularly.
- Manage the performance of all staff in the team through effective use of the Performance Management System including the establishment of clear, measureable objectives, ongoing feedback, periodic reviews and fair and unbiased evaluations.
- Ensure appropriate staffing within the team.
- Ensure the recruitment, training, and promotion of staff as appropriate and ensure availability of appropriate professional development opportunities for staff.
- Incorporate staff development strategies and Performance Management Systems into team building processes. Establish result based system and follow up.
- Actively develop staff under the Field Office Manager's line management, including carrying out succession planning for national staff into positions which are currently international.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Education to MSc/MA/MEng level in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum 7 years of management experience working in emergency response contexts and/or development.
- Previous experience of managing a team, and the ability to lead, motivate and develop staff capacity.
- Significant experience of project management, including multi-sector programmes, from a child rights approach in accordance with international humanitarian rights standards.
- Solid experience in award management, including significant budget management experience with institutional donors.
- Operational management experience, including logistics management (procurement, supply chain, fleet management, asset management and IT) and Safety and Security management.
- Field level representation with key stakeholders and co-ordination with other NGOs/UN
- Demonstrable experience of M&E and beneficiary accountability.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic and computer literate.
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports.
- Excellent communication skills, with good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
- Strong influencing skills and experience in advocacy.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support.
- Has attended Hostile Environment Awareness Training within the last 2-3 years.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 120 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the rights of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday,
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated.
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
CVs should be submitted to the following e-mail: [email protected], please make sure to include a cover letter and up-to-date CV, (including dates and salaries of three of your most recent/relevant positions (at least last 3 years), with the position title, organization name, dates of employment (from/to), Gross Monthly Salary (in New Israeli Shekel)). Please make sure to mention the position ref. in the subject. The selection committee will review all applications as they are received. All applicants must meet the minimum requirements described above, and those unable to meet these requirements will not be considered.
Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.