Terms of References (ToRs) For Supporting Agro-Food SMEs
In hygiene and food safety
Small Enterprise Center (SEC) Association is a Palestinian non-profit organization that started in 2002 as a project within the framework of a former GIZ Private Sector Development Program. In 2008, SEC has been officially registered as an independent non-profit organization governed by the Palestinian Law of Charitable Associations and Community Organizations No.1 for the year 2000. SEC began with an office in Ramallah and has grown to be a leading national organization serving Palestinian Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) and social enterprises (including cooperatives). Currently SEC is implementing phase-II of the project “Agro-processing in Palestine -Supporting SMEs and Entrepreneurship for Youth” in partnership with DROSOS FOUNDATION. Under this project scope, SEC is looking forward to support selected participating SMEs operating in agro-food sector in developing their manufacturing process. The professional expert task includes providing hygiene and food safety onsite coaching for four Selected SEMs and performing designing printing (food safety signs)
Hygiene and food safety coaching sessions for the selected SEMs considered as a necessary step in strengthening the SMEs competitiveness in the local and regional markets. Consequently, this will reflect positively on the company’s food quality.
SEC and DROSOS FOUCNDATION is seeking offers from suitably qualified expert person/s to provide hygiene and food safety coaching services for four food processing SMEs.
The specific objectives of this TORs are to undertake the following tasks:
- Develop each company hygiene procedures.
- Provide technical advice to overcome the identified problem.
- Develop proper designs to be printed on sings inside SMEs production area
The below table shows the list of companies, locations, specific objective, and specific products and estimated level of efforts required to achieve the tasks.
3.0 Scope of work:
The expert will work closely with SEC staff and SMEs to develop the hygiene and food safety process of the aforementioned companies (SMEs), during the assignment period.
The expert/s shall support the SMEs to develop their hygiene and food safety Procedures, to increase the products quality the consultancy shall cover, but not limited to the following aspects:
- Assess the current SMEs hygiene status production
- Develop both raw marital and products storing Procedures
- Deliver four foam designs (A3 size) per SME that continues working procedures.
- Develop a professional document regarding the manufacturing of product development
- Provide all needed coaching and information that related to food safety to SMEs.
The contract will be signed between SEC and the expert(s). The followings are the expected deliverables from the expert/s:
- Inception report;
- Ten onsite coaching sessions (level of effort ten working days)
- Two assessment report (level of effort two working days)
- Meetings with SEC staff
- Deliver four foam designs (A3 size) per SMEs (sixteen total) in order to be posted on SMEs production area walls.
- Deliver specific coaching and training for each SMEs based on the needs
- Final development report for each SME after incorporating all comments and recommendations of SMEs and SEC staff.
- Receive a written approval from each SME that they are satisfied of the consultancy
- Develop a final narrative report. (level of effort 1 working day)
The language of all reports shall be in Arabic and reports in English
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
5.0 Qualifications and Work Experience of the Expert
It is expected that the expert that will develop the product development shall provide the following expertise:
- At least a holding bachelor degree in food processing, food engineering or a related discipline
- At least 3 year working experience in technical or research position
- At least 5 years of experience in providing such services to beneficiaries.
- LinkedIn profile link if exists
7.0 Duration of Appointment:
The expected level of effort of the expert is around 13 working days, within one months’ time are foreseen for developing products from signing the contract.
8.0 Logistic Support for The Expert by SEC
SEC will provide information, documents on SMEs and cover foam designs printing costs. The expert will be responsible for covering the transportation costs, coordinating with SMEs, other costs might occur due to the assignment.
9.0 Deadlines for Submitting CVs and Technical and Financial Offers
The deadline for submitting CVs, and Technical and Financial offers by latest May 22th , 2021 at 16:00 PM.
The financial offer shall be in USD and including all applicable taxes.
Kindly send the offers to SEC email: [email protected]